New DUNE mod? An idea for anybody interested...

Major_Gilbear

First of all, this is just an idea, so please don't think I'm about to make a new mod. I'm putting the idea out there though, as there are those with suitable skills that might be willing to have a go.

Basically, I was wondering if anybody had thought of making a DUNE game for "Dawn of War". It is a new RTS, and has melee combat as well as ranged. Already coded are plenty of features that could be used by any prospective mod, such as cloaking and special abilities/attacks.

AFAIK, the game is pretty flexible, the code being LUA files. Modding tools are imminent, and fans have already created a few user tools too.

Would anybody be interested? If so, we could start brainstorming ideas, units and featured sides.

Yep, I have. And from what I see, the beta stage hasn't even been reached yet, and many of the BFME features are still to be revealed. What is possible, and what will be included are two very different things.

Plus, EA are as vague and unhelpful torwards modding as they have always been, so aside from the odd patch, I wouldn't expect to see any modding tools from them.

Only because they didn't make any new map packs, so it was quicker/easier to release WB. Seriously, none of the CnC/Westwood games have ever received much/any support, so why would that change now?

Anyway, I wasn't suggesting this to argue about the engine, I was wondering if anybody was gonna use DoW as a basis for a DUNE mod.  :O

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

there is just 1 "LITTLE" thing!

GW have anounsed that you may not make mods that dont belong to the world of 40K.

so if you dont want to be sued dont make it...sorry :-

(you shoud chek it out more closely, inkase im wrong)