This Week's Mailbag Topic - Emperor v1.08

davo

A new feature here a FED2k is the mailbag. Each week we will select a specific Dune topic, and post our thoughts and hopefully replies to other's ppls thoughts :)

This week's topic is the v1.08 patch.

So what is everyone's thoughts on Emperor after the patch?

Has the patch greatly improved the Emperor gaming experience?

Is the air drone toned down enough?

Is the devastator now too powerful?

Remember you can post anything you like on v1.08 of Emperor :)

Well, I feel that the Air drone was fine as it was, it was very powerful but it is only to make up for the poor AA capabilities of the Atreides infantry. I also feel that the devastator becoming more powerful is a mistake, it is the most heavily armed vehicle as it is, if they wanted to improve the devastator, they should have made it faster.

Quite frankly i didnt know they made these changes until i read the article all i knew was that they added a few maps.

I think that the patch definetly improved things but there are still parts of the game that need to be improved upon. The pathfinding is what really annoys me but I don't expect that will be fixed in any patch. The online interface needs to be improved too, the right side of the screen when chatting is way too big. They should integrate the game listings with the chat like nearly every other WW game has done.

But releasing that map editor would be a big plus. :)

Guest azzkicker400

I feel that the Emperor Battle For Dune (The Follow-Up To The Most Demonstrative RTS Game) 1.08 Patch By Westwood Studios has a negative and positive affect and the Emperor Battle For Dune Community. The two new maps were a great success and thousands roared in happiness as the progress bar of new maps became part of their military intelligence. The atreides air drone was toned down too much I would have to say, while others may argue, my views will not change, for its me who is doing the talking and its you that is doing the listening. The Devastator still sucks in the views of the, way too slow, not armored enough. Those who oppose me and my fellow swarmlings shall feel the wrath of my online clan and the community boards that feel as if these fellow betrayalers have long lived their undieing destiny for emnperor patches and long lived conventional emperor worms. Everything else besides the /commands just made the war of dune slightly more confortable to many commanders, while the / command let commandors around the world keep in touch and relay top secrey information about the upcoming slow harkonnen or the stealthy incidious ordos, the arrival of the noble atreides could also be revieled. These are my thoughts on the emperor battle for dune patch, use this post wisely commandopr, for you never know when your time is, and I shall see that it's not soon, for those who oppose me are the ones who need me, and those who kill me are the ones who worshipped me............