Overrated games

lost_child

it's a table top turn based strategy games using plastic/pewter models you've bought and painted. i na game there is 6 rounds and each round has player 1 move, attack assualt then player 2. it's very very strategical and tactical, one false move however minor it may be, can spell the end of you. Model warefare tactics and even older tactics are applied like hell here. You can have an army that relies on artillery to beat on the enemy while your infantry with support weapons advance, one where hit and run is the key or even one where you just hoard. Dawn of war is the software adaptation of this.

MW:DA but with more strategy

you don't rely on anonymous "booster packs", you have a codex (rule book for your desired army) and that contains the differant units and equipment they may take. this game relies heavily on squad tactics, so you'll have groups of men moving, instead of one.

in warhammer 40k you can also take equipment for your troops, I have a Space Marine assualt squad, and instead of leaving them with bolt pistols, I gave two plasma pistols and gave all of them melta gernades.

here's an example of an army list for you (this is mine):

HQ: 140

Chaplain [Power Weapon, Plasma Pistol, Jet Pack, Terminator Honors, Artificier Armor] 140

Troops: 752

6 marines HB w/ R

Their os also a Fantasy version of the game with the same name minus the 40k for those who like swords instead of guns. My favorite race would have to be the Necrons in 40k they just have so much cool backstory and the models look really cool. My other favorites are Chaos(of course), Orks, and the Tyranids. My Favorite fantasy races are the Skaven and the Lizardmen, of yeah and Chaos(of course).

brettonians are nice, hits directly on the british myths and they have direct referances to king Arthur.

my favorite 40k armies are Tau, daemon hunters/witch hunters (for the back stories), and space marines

Tau are AWESOME! I totally forgot about the fish heads. I just love their guns and technology, mainly because it doesn't have the archaic of just about all the other technology in the universe and not to mention they are the only race that is could be considered good in nature. Although the humans are the protagonists and the Emperor is awesome, I just don't like them because they are all bigots, same with the Eldar. Orks are cool because they just don't care they are happy as long as they are fighting the Nids and the Crons are cool because they just want to eat or kill everything, Chaos is just awesome in general Deamon Hunter (though human) are cool. Though if I were to pick a favorite space marine chapter it would probably be the Dark Angels.

Can someone explain all this political stuff? What are marins and the empire? What's with chapters? Are there like... different regimental units within each nations? What, exactly, is going on with the sides, here?

shit, that'd be longer than the 1300 post religion thread in PRPĀ  :D . . . I'm serious.

ok, the Space marines are basically the elite fighting force of the imperium, the terran empire so to speak. The space marines were divided into 25 legions (25th is unknown so people can make custom chapters, more on that latter) after the horus heresey, 12 of those chapters became heretics and turned to Chaos. After this, the God-Emperor made each legion break up into chapters. A chapter's size variesgreatly, chapters like the Dark Angels (one of the original 12 legions) are huge while others are small. Each chapter has differant colors and acts independently. Some chapoters use the standard fighting techniques (Ultramarines) while some have developed completely differant ones through tradition and current situation (white scars, black templars, blood angels).