Why was House Atreides sent to Arrakis?

dportela

the atreides were sent to dune because shaddam corrino believed leto was a threat to him and could rival him for the throne, and also because the atreides were training an army within a hairline as good as the sardaukar, the emperor believed if he sent the atreides to dune, the atreides would think they gained immense power meanwhile it was only a cover for the corrino-harkonnen alliance, which would destroy the atreides line

• 2 years later...

They were sent to arrakis so they could be destroyed.

The emperor feared his influence onthe other houses.

There cover was that the harkonnens didn't mine enough spice.

It could also have been to do with destiny. Paul was meant to help the fremen. 

Not a problem. Everyone is new at some time.

Just so you know, reading the FAQ/Rules can be very helpful.

I still go there once in a while to remember forum codes. It can be a very helpful page, and tells you what you can/should not do. Took me a couple months before actually reading it. And that was after I had done something that I was not supposed to.

Your input is welcome!

Thufir knew it was a trap but failed to see that there was a Judas among House Atreides.

Thufir is a mentat, he knows there is a traitor.

But mentats compute with facts, and one fact is that Yueh is conditionned for loyalty.

So Thufir prefers to suspect Jessica, because she is still loyal to Reverend Mother G. Helen Mohiam. Jessica loves the Duke, but love is not a data for a mentat.

That's how Thufir is outsmarted by Piter: he is trapped within his mentat limitations.