tleilax religious fervor

TMA_1

I might have posted this before, not sure but I just really thought about it again. I dont think I posted the therad like this.

notice that in the prequels the tleilaxu act exactly like they do in heretics and chapterhouse?

well if you remember they are totally different in dune messiah, not only this but it implies that their religious ferver came from Leto II, the god emperor. Before that they werent like that at all.

do you think brian and kevin jumped the gun here?

I never thought of that.

Now that I think of it they do act the same.

I am sure after thousands of years they would have changed somewhat.

And I think that LetoII did change them somewhat, along with the whole ghola with memories thing in Messiah.

I think the beauty of the original series is that the Tleilaxu have gradually evolved from minor mention in Dune to Heretics where they are an integral part of the very social and economic system that has evolved with them. It never sat well with me that they were such a large part of the story in the prequels then as the prequels end and the timeline of the original Dune begins, they seem to fade out of existence.

The Tleilaxu heirarchy secretly follows the ancient Zensunni (Sufi) religion and practices, and that is made more and more obvious as the story progresses. For the most part because of the subplots involving of Tylwyth Waff, in which, we learn through inner monologue some of the inner workings of Tleilaxu society. In Messiah there's no hint of fanaticism because Scytale is a Face Dancer and not part of the governing body on Tleilax.

I think their society never really was changed by the God Emperor instead they somewhat adapted, mistaking Leto II as a Prophet of their God.

The first quote coming up is something I found when skimming through House Atriedes, and it kind of bothered me. The other quotes are just other things I noticed when looking for the first quote. Read them if you feel like it.

P.206 of House Atriedes

"May the one true God shine his light upon you form all the stars in the Imperium, my Lord Emperor," - Hidar Fen Ajidica (Tleilaxu Master sent to the Imperial Court on the pretense that Tleilaxu axoltl tanks can produce artifical spice, as an offering to the Emperor.)

First of all, I thought it was a little odd that such a race that was so prone to secrecy about religious background, would directly quote a passage from such a religiously sloaked document the O.C. Bible. The name Hidar Fen Ajidica? Sounds more Fremen then Tleilaxu and even more Arabic then Fremen. Again this is someone trying to hide his ethnicity? Also concerning the whole 'amal' artifical spice subplot, seems like Brian and Kevin jumped the gun a little too early here aswell. It just didn't make any real sense to me anyway, that this would permeate for about 4,000+ years and then pop back up again in Heretics.

yeah thats what I thought, thanks mahdi.

I didnt relaly hit the core of the issue like I am with this post, I never really have had a clear idea on the matter, so now just wondering what people think.

by the way can you help me find a thread mahdi?

• 1 month later...