Kabala

Kabala, hebrew "tradition", is a mystical teaching based on judaism. Altough now we see its points mostly in vulgarized forms like astrology, tarot cards, satanism or various anime series, traditional ways like gematric Bible reading or sephirotic meditations are encountering a renaissance these days, and not only between orthodox Jews. Let discussion be opened.

sephiroth.gif

there are some good aspects to kabala, and it is true that true kabala has been raped, I heard madonna talk about her kabalist beliefs, she has no idea of what it is about! lol it is absolutely silly to see how people have tainted it.

I do disagree with much of it though, as it isnt docternal towards my beliefs of christianity.

You can't have kabalistic believes. You can have jewish believes, or christian, or muslim. Every rabbi agrees that kabala is mere speculation. However, it is worth to give some time to it, as it makes Bible and all such things more interesting. Many jewish teachers saw kabala as "color of Bible". In my opinion, it isn't good that christianity banished such mysticism as heresies. We want to see everything as absolute truth, God's word, everything else is looked upon with suspicion, as it is Satan's work. Especially when someone sees no difference between Tree of Life and Tree of Wisdom...

I have no true knowledge of Kabbala, even if some day I'll have to give a look at what it is. But since I have a vision of things that brings everything to one coherent whole (physically, metaphysically, spiritually,, etc., and all this in one), having different branches asks me to be able to bring all these branches to the One (the Jewish G-d I'd guess in the case of the Kabbalah). Having divisions like this seems like a weakness in the globality of the model/structure to me since in one single universe things cannot be true and false at the same time, and thus must all be one. I guess I could expand, but it explains well my first impression and my doubts which can be resumed: Are all these divisions coherent into ONE whole or is it some bunch of divided apart truths?

Why division? It may be part of truth, or another way to show the truth. Until there is no direct widerspruch, I wouldn't say it is some kind of "alternative truth", as muslim philosophers had. Or do you mean Tree of life? It isn't some kind of universe's description. It's a scheme of ideas, which show divine influence in this world, as well as vice versa, human's way to fulfill that he is created on God's image. Scheme shows, that there is a bound between themselves.