LAN Game Crash

xZen

OK, I get a crash when trying to play a LAN Game.

Here is what happens.

I finally got it to where I could see both PC's, had to set my router to forward the port Emperor uses.

After that I was all excited yay...

I Host a game, and my 2nd pc can see the game but whenever they click Join, the game crashes while loading the screen to choose your House and stuff.

I tried Hosting the game on the other PC and when I tried to join on this one, same thing, crash.

Is this because I am using the same CD set (the only cd set i have), like it;s seeing both as being the same serial and crashing the joining client?

If so, how do I get around this withought buying another game.

something is not really clear. . . you are trying to get a LAN game to work via a router in between ? .. and then with port forwarding.

[ which means one of the 2 PC's is in the routers WAN / uplink port ]

That is destined to go wrong. ...

Actually no, my PC is in 1, other PC is in 2.

They would not see each other in the lobby until I forwarded port 4972 (i think 4972 was the port I found the game using) to my IP address.

euh. . one PC is in 1 and the other in 2 what ?. . . network ?

For a local game of emperor you don't need port forwards on your router and they should both be on the inside / LAN side of your router. If you are trying to direct connect through tthe internet or via another network you won't be able to do that with just direct connect. Direct connect has never been developed for that option.

euh. . one PC is in 1 and the other in 2 what ?. . . network ?

on the back of my roouter are 6 Labeled cable slots, the labels are:

| Uplink | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | WAN |

My PC is in | 1 |, my 2nd PC is in | 2 |, and my DSL Modem is connected to | WAN |

I do not even have the Direct Connect Cards, only have Network Cards for both PC's.

ok, thanks for clearing that up. :)

But with that configuration you shoudl not need to forward ports on. What type of router are you using, and if it has the feature for UPnP, can you check if it's enabled ?

most welcome, yes it does have a feature called "UPnP Forwarding"

ok. .. let us know if enabeling UPnP does the trick.

I'll look up your model this midday for any aditional info if it shouldn't work.

[ somehow I was guessing you had a Linksys ;) ]

Hip Hip Hoorah!  Enableing UPnP worked!  Thank you sooo very much!  just experienced a very awesome multiplayer game!

Many thanks!

-xZen