I can`t play Emperor!!!

Procyon

I have windows Xp professional and I installed Emperor without problem, but I don`t run.

I have Norton and Nero installed.

I don`t have installed the latest EMP patch yet.

I also tried with the EMPENGINSTFIX10.ZIP [attachment archived by Gobalopper]

Why I must uninstall these programs? Can I reinstall them later??

Those programs are known to cause problems with EBFD (and other games), at least, certain versions do.

And about reinstalling them later, first try what I suggested. If EBFD then works, try installing them one by one to see which one causes the problems. I'd suggest to start with Nero (most recent versions won't cause any problems).

I have Norton Systemworks 2004 professional installed ( it came with my computer and I don`t have the CD to reinstall it).

Nero came in a CD with my PC, it`s called Nero eXpress and is the official burning program of my CD writer.

where can I get that thing?? and what does?

Off topic: How can I deactivate the help of Win XP?

How can I deactivate all backround programs except Explorer.exe and Systray.exe in XP?

(the ctrl+alt+del of Xp is very complex for me)

I downloaded that service pack, but I can`t install it, because it says that my WinXP is a pirated copy. The windows came installed in my pc, and I have a original Windows Xp professional cd and manual that are from another pc that is using XP home edition not profesional.

I don`t want to reinstall Windows Xp from the original cd. There`s a way to make that thing recognize that I have an original XP using the CD?

The only strange thing that has my windows is that is in spanish.

I know here it occasionally happends that when you buy a pre-configured computer from a computer store they just install it with a well-know-default-serial. If you have an origional copy of WinXP it should have a little note with it with the serial on it. . . you cantry to change it. Although it doesn't always have to work. . .