Gunz Halo (Prep)

GhostHunter

I think it is too strong... 8)

This is Earthnuker[Anathema]'s one.It SEEMS like the best before yours... :)

Fleet

3 cruisers

12 destroyers

5 fighter carriers (20 fighters each)

Army

30,000 Papal Guard troops (elite troops)

560,000 soldiers (most of them required to keep order on the planet)

Ah, gracias for the comments; I myself found it too strong; I just needed to see what was acceptable.

Here's the revised fleet (the army remains the same, as I want to focus on my army)

Fleet:

1 Battlecruiser (flagship)

200 fighers/100 bombers/100 gunships

8 carriers to hold the abovenumber (40 small ships each)

50 corvettes

3 destroyers

The Army remains the same though.

~

ANyway: the population of my faction is the largest, at 2 billion.

0.8 million; the largest in the story.

As I said; I'm focusing on the strength of the army, which uses its forces to capture ships, and invade colonies.

(note that, despite the daunting army number; the focus of my fighting forces is on the army that takes over ships and invades, so, it's more of an "Army" military than a fleet military. As such; the fleet is mainly to provide backup fire while the Army does their work)

(I must admit it's heavily influenced by the Communists, the Human Hive, House Harkonnen, and CHina from C&C Generals)

(here's a more elaborate background)

Name: Dragon Sun

Population: 2 billion

Description:

Inspired by the work of the Communists more than 31 centuries a while back, moved by the manifestor of Marx, and inspired by the spirit of the communist revolution in Russia, Premier Low took the ideals of Communism a step further by mixing it with an additional philosophy he had discovered (name I will reveal later), basing his idea on a quasi-religous belief that, ultiamtely, it should the the spirit of humanity thats hould be worshipped, where all were equal, and to each what he needs and what he can render.

Ok, similerly to how I listed out the ships that are used, I think that we should decide what kind of weapons things have.

I figure something like this:

Lasers: light energy weapons, used mostly as cannons on fighters. Fairly short range and low powered, with a high rate of fire.

small missiles: used on fighters and other smaller ships as light explosive weapons. fast and manuverable, not terribly strong, but can be launched in large salvos from gunships/corvettes/frigettes

plasma cannons: larger energy weapons, used on corvettes, frigettes, etc. Often battleships and cruisers will have a small complement of plasma cannons as well. Slower firing than lasers, they hold much more of a punch.

missiles: Used by larger ships, sometimes put onto corvette sized ships. Pretty much a cruise missile. not manuverable, they do not track fast moving craft, but instead target capital ships. They have a long range and dish out lotsa damage.

Plasma bomb: A short range rocket bomb with a plasma warhead that packs a huge punch, the primary weapon of bombers.

Particle beam: Laser type weapon, but on a much larger scale. A particle beam is the battleships version of a laser cannon, sending out a solid beam of charged ionic particles at lightspeed, a particle beam causes massive damage. Due to high power requirments, can only be mounted on destroyer class ships or larger(destroyer, cruiser, battleship)

Coil gun: Using magnetics, coil guns fire off huge "dumb" projectiles. While the profectiles done track anything, and so they are more inaccurate that energy or missile weapons, they pack a huge punch. These are the space equivilent of a modern battleships 16-24 inch cannons. Can only be mounted on cruisers and battleships.

Rail Gun: using magnetics, rail guns fire off a small, pointed projectile. While it sounds similer to a coil gun, the projectile on a rail gun is much smaller, and therfore goes much faster, with a much longer accurate range, kind of like an intersteller sniper rifle. It does not have as much raw destructive power as a coilgun, but its speed and accuracy make it more like a rapier, than a sledge hammer. railguns are great for armor peircing, and hitting distinct parts on a ship(taking out the bridge, or docking bays for example) Rail guns can be mounted on any ship destroyer size or larger.

If anyone doesnt like what I posted above, say what you dont like, and what should change.

and I know a few people have special weapons and stuff that they have, if you could post those and their properties here as well, that would be great.