Deus Ex: Invisible War DEMO OUT NOW!

Dude_Doc

Well, first of all, the demo isn't really a demo, it's a test of some sort. All the guys at the DX forums have concluded that, well, at least the more "constructive" people.

Second, the demo all in all is 244 MB of size, so well, if you don't have a constant connection... you get the point.

The requirements for the game is:

Pentium III (or an Athlon equal to Pentium III), 1.2 Ghz. (Pentium III or Athlon equal to Pentium III 1.5 Ghz recommended.)

5 GB of free disk space.

Any graphic card that has built-in pixel shader 1.1 or greater. Example of these cards are: Geforce 3, Geforce FX (I have Geforce FX 5200) and Radeon series.

I think that's about it. But: don't blame me if I'm wrong.

Now, I mentioned that it was a test, and what I can tell, I agree. The AI is somewhat not "smart", I have everything required and still, the game "flashes" when I look sideways, and so on.

But, if you check www.dxinvisiblewar.com , you can see that this "preview demo" isn't there for download, and even if the demo is dated November 14th, many "reasonable" people say this is NOT how the finished game will be like.

Still, many people bash the game to bits, telling all kind of crap about it. I do agree that the game seems to be a little rushed, since they worked on the X-Box version first, and then swapped it over to the PC version. This does not necessarily mean the game will be exactly like the X-Box version.

So, in other words, I am suggesting that if you grab the demo to have an open mind until the complete (and hopefully bug-free ;) ) game is released, before you judge the whole DX2 as a "bad game" or scream at Ion Storm to go to hell (as most of the un-reasonable people at the DX forums have). Thanks :) .

Oh, and there is one more thing. How about, they made another Deus Ex movie, but this time, about Invisible War? (Check the attachment.)

[attachment deleted by Gobalopper]

Well, anyone who is interested in gaming would have a computer for that. The only problem I can see is the graphic card, since many people say Radeon-cards don't run well, only Nvidia ones do. Get a Geforce FX like I did ;) ...

does anyone know the game "Nomad Soul"? i think its like it (AND I LOVED NOMAD SOUL) i can buy it, but i wanna know if its worth it.. if it is tell me about it and all. btw shud i get the first game? (my friend has it) thx.

Hmm... Nomad Soul? Haven't heard about it. But if you mean Deus Ex, then yes, you should play the first game. I strongly recomend it to anybody who wants a different First-Person-Perspective game, with options and a great story.

Yes i meant for Deus Ex. In the nomad soul when your not fighting and all u r in a city (4 cities) and u r hmm.. moving around.. and one thing u do lead to another and all.. its a quest like and when u get to places when u need to fight it gets into first person shooter, and if your in a fight with 1 person then u do kick box and all... it was really a hell out of a game and sometimes it took me hours to figure where i needed to go...

Download the demo and give it a try! DX2 (Deus Ex: Invisible War) has recieved some negative reviews, but I have to play the full version before I can say anything, and the full version won't be here until February 2004. The only thing I can do is to sit tight for the time being... of course, there are other... eh... options... ;)

My friends told me the demo is real shit. and belive me that when i came to my friend and saw the demo i was shocked, then he showed me the full game and it was alot better... im going to get it from my friend in a few days...

Okay, I was talking about the demo for the first game, Deus Ex.

Invisible War: First, there is a thing called Universal Ammo. This means that there is only one type of ammo, that fits all guns, pistols, rocket launchers, flamethrowers, they have the same ammo. Even stun prods.

Secondary, there is no skill system like there was in the first game. And the User Interface, UI, don't look good.

Beside this, there has been reports on crappy AI, boring weapons, too short game, too big story for this game, and so on.

But, I'm still going to purchase it. After all, I'm a Deus Ex fan myself. The bad news is that I'll have to wait two months for DX2. We can only find out tomorrow....

• 2 weeks later...

Of course it doesn't support MX cards. Probably no future games will.

You have to have some of these cards: Geforce 3, Geforce FX or Radeon.

I have a Geforce FX 5200, and actually, I got it for a fair price. Only $80, and I say I got what I wanted.

Mind also the other requirements: It says that a Pentium 4, 1.3 Ghz is required, and I run on a P4 1.4 Ghz, but with 256 RAM-bus (256 MB RAM required), and it still isn't too good to play, some times I just wished I could throw out the computer through my window.... hehe... Then there is also a patch for the final game, and I suggest you to get it, since the game was built from the X-Box code...