map editor MED2K not work!!!

syczek

i have problem, i have med2k map editor for dune2000 but i try to edit map downloaded from this site "map PolarBattle2", , before load editing window open is. with message

Usage map-view [MAP NAME]

Example map-view 8PLAY1.MAP

Abort!

and med2k abort edited map, and returned to windows :(

HELP

I had problems with this map editor in the past as well. I found MED2k extremely difficult to work with, and ended up only using it for previewing maps.

I suggest you try Domination or Shai-Halud, they're both easier to use and have better features than MED2k. I would recommend Domination, the user interface there is the most friendly IMHO.

i want to making map in med2k, med2k is small activator maps. and i always used him. shai-hulud is goot, but i have problem with using tileset bloxice . i make map in this tileset, and i save map, and use med2k to activate this map. and i play game practice using maked map, and is too many wasters, none ice, only rock formations, alloys of bridges, and buldings. i want to use med2k, but how to remowe problem with editing map. after edit hows map, in med2k error window jump with

Usage map-view [MAP NAME]

Example map-view 8PLAY1.MAP

Abort!

how to remove problem, to normally functioning med2k