Emperor, XP Pro - Kick out / reboot

Fuzzy Wuzzy

Currently Athlon Thunderbird 1.3GHz, 256Mb RAM, Radeon 9000 Pro 128Mb with Windows XP Pro with SP1a. I desided to start playing Emperor again and now the game will play for a while and then either will kick me out or will reboot my computer.

Any suggestions?

I will attach my diag when I get home this evening.

Windows XP needs at least 512 Mb Ram to work properly.

Also increase your page file to 999Mb.Max size.

True, but he has 128 mb ram video card. :O (which should make up for it somewhat if he has windows visual settings turned to low.)

My page file is 768-1536.

Is it still a good thing to put the page file to one number?

It was a good thing on older computers, but not sure if it is on newer computers.

can you please tell me the update you did? ive got the same prob and want to fix it ( im really sick of the reboots lol)

thnaks

As for re.booting disable this option in System/Advanced/Start up and recovery/settings

unclick the box automatically restart under the system failure box. :)

This did not work,"disable this option in System/Advanced/Start up and recovery/settings unclick the box automatically restart under the system failure box." Actually it kept filling up my event log with garbage entries. I went to the motherboard manufacture's website and downloaded the latest VIA chipset Service Pack. The version that IWill had was V4.38. This solved all my problems. I can now run Emperor at the highest graphics settings with no problem. After reading what the patch does I found that the problem wasn't so much the issue with the SBLive 5.1 but with the AGP port. The patch corrects a clock issue.