Blizzard vs. Westwood

Terror

Starcraft looks like a parody. Ah, their weak sense of humour... :-/

Blizzard's games are trying to make many new things with no order in them. At the end they look like a kitsch. Westwood's strategies are simple to play, and edit also (how many Starcraft mods you know? And how many TS or Emperor mods?).

having played TS for nearly 2 years and being amongst the "elite" players (if i say so my self) then i have to say blizzard -- go play a few games now on-line i bet out of 5 games u get cheated at least 2 times prob. 3 on TS

i play alot starcraft online.... and with that cheating thing..... it hardly happens anymore afther the newer patches... and it wasn't that bad before either, and the lag of blizzard games on battle.net is way better.... and also strategy is realy cool in starcraft.... you can choose from an endless amount of strategies..... the difference between victory and defeat is very close

People don't make mods in SC or BW because they can make maps, lots of them, and they don't have to post them on a site to get people to use them

How many times have you made a map and then noone can get it for you to play.  I think WW giving out a map editor without making the game download the map in the game chat screen is pathetic

I think they just tried to copy blizzard with a bad attempt

Thats why you see mods for emp, CS, etc.  cause people can't get all the maps easy so they want something else, the only way to get something else is to mod the game

i also played SC and bW for years.  The reason why i came emp is that i liked the story (read the books ya know) and the kool graphics

Blizzards graphics are just good enough to keep you laughing when a marine gets blown up.

But blizzard makes new patches to correct bugs, they automatically patched their chat servers when people started using unlimited "bots" to control rooms.  They came out with BW=expansion set for SC.  THey got a map editor that is easy to use.  and people can actually DL the maps in game, instead of having to email them or post them on a site

Like i said, there's no comparison WWOL needs to take their heads outa their u know whats

it's just starcraft is so good right now that there isn't much to mod about... what do you wanna change.... nothin... so you always stick to the good old starcraft with cool units, cool story and great multiplayer

OK, you play Starcraft for two-three years. Then you might want more and more. Map editor? You make some maps, 10-20, and it gets boring too. And mods aren't cheats. I mean GOOD mods.

Also I think that every commercial and known game has now a good story, so Starcraft's isn't nothing special. But I must say it's better than whole game.  ;D