xp,emperor norton

dthscythh

k i set up a new topic well if i just install and play it just loads for a bit and cd runs for a few seconds and nothing happened...when i tried to replace the emperor.exe from the fix it do the same thing except it said game.exe is not responding.

when you changed the file from the fix, did you unselect the compatibility ? If not, give it a try.

The fact that it doesn't run even when Norton isn't installed makes me believe it's something different. Just a question, when you uninstalled Norton, did you also re-install EBFD ? If not, you might want to give that a try..

lol dude.. whatever ur name is.. u need to do *ALL* what the readme sais not just what ur feelings tell u :P and if ur too tired (or lazy) to read the readme so heres what u do:

first of all, uninstall emperor (if installed in ur pc)

now put the install cd in ur computer and open it, search for a folder named "Setup" and copy it to.. anywhere.. then, u go to the zip file that i gave u and extract the file named "setup.exe" to the folder u just copied. then u run the setup that u just replaced and install as u wud do normaly, and then when it finished, go to the zip file again and extract the file "emperor.exe" to ur emperor directory, replace the existing one and then u play emperor without problems..

• 4 weeks later...

i have the same problem.

i uninstalled my norton antivirus (i still have norton internet security)

reinstalled emperor. (updated to v1.09)

still doesn't work.

replaced emperor.exe with fix.

and then the game hangs on the game.exe.

(i tried several cracks etc, also the game hangs on game.exe)

it worked a year ago ...

Have you tried what Goldeagle stated ?

first of all, uninstall emperor (if installed in ur pc)

now put the install cd in ur computer and open it, search for a folder named "Setup" and copy it to.. anywhere.. then, u go to the zip file that i gave u and extract the file named "setup.exe" to the folder u just copied. then u run the setup that u just replaced and install as u wud do normaly, and then when it finished, go to the zip file again and extract the file "emperor.exe" to ur emperor directory, replace the exicting one and then u play emperor without problems..

I had this problem too, mine was caused by corrupted ASPI drivers !

I had to search the net using the search word ASPI then You should find a fix for this problem.

You can also download Nero 6:0 and use their drive tool to change to nero's ASPI drivers.

By the way if you uninstall Norton using add and remove progs, in Windows control panel it doesn't remove all of Norton !

You have to use Regedit and search for all files named Norton and all files named Symantec.

I know I had to do it !

It takes time. I'm now using Mcafee which seems to like XP much better than Norton did.

Hope this helps.