-
Posts
1,101 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
45
Everything posted by Fey
-
are you attempting to launch multiplayer through the in-game menu? it should work outta the box by launching through C&Cnet. just keep in mind that C&Cnet messes with things in order to prep the install for multiplayer, so I would advise keeping a separate install for multiplayer and one for single-player
-
yeah or the Dune2000.exe, rather SOME features, like unit queues, are set up on a per-map basis for reasons like preserving the mappers' original intent and balance and whatnot on maps designed without queues in mind. hence why those would need to be added via the ini on a given map YOU want queues on. other quality of life hotkeys like type select (W), all units with unarmed exception (alt + E), deploy (D, but you need to delete the WOLProposeDraw line from your Dune2000.ini for that to work properly), that nifty B hotkey for repeatedly spamming certain kinds of buildings... all those are just baseline now
-
eh? yeah, you just overwrite the game exe I've run it on either modern version of d2k, gruntmods or dunemaster. and the current 1.6.7 install of gruntmods uses a prior version of Klofkac's advancements - this is just a later branch that gruntlord and dato haven't placed in their install packages yet
-
oh, that's great! I'm glad to hear it suits your purposes aye, dato gets too little credit. everybody stumbles across gruntmods first, and gruntlord does good work too, but we gotta shout out our boy dato!
-
it's this one I linked up there I left details in the latest post in that thread on enabling queues sounds like you've gotta enable cutscene stretching. in the Dune2000Config executable, click advanced settings, go to the video options tab, and check the "Cutscene Change Resolution" box. that should solve the problem otherwise, you could try setting up custom scaling through ddraw.ini. in your Dune 2000 directory, at least after you mess with the config exe, there should be both a dune2000.ini and a ddraw.ini. you can set GameWidth and GameHeight in the former and what you want it stretched to in the latter. for instance, try 1056 x 588 in the former, then width 1795 and height 1000 in the latter. and that'll make the game almost 2x zoomed, like this: which should affect everything in the game, including cutscenes. the original resolution of the game is 640x400, but that allows for only four icons on the sidebar the reason for the weird dimensions I suggested trying is because a new sidebar icon will only appear if there's enough space vertically, so if those dimensions are off, the sidebar will be screwy. as for horizontal, if those dimensions are off, there will be space between the sidebar and the battlefield. 1056x588 is one of those perfect combos that isn't too zoomed out, but still provides a good eight icons on the sidebar eh, idr how this'll work out in fullscreen though. I play in windowed to test crap all the time. anyway, I hope that helps
-
ah yeah, redundancies and all that. glad you figured out the problem! still, be sure to update to the latest from Klofkac's thread. it has a number of great bugfixes and new hotkeys, like B to queue or ready for placement the last structure you queued, and the much-requested unit queues feature, which can be enabled on any mission
-
that, I ain't sure of. I do know it works on modern machines though, so it'd at least serve as a great starting point!
-
you can try this thread dato is the same fellow who maintains the dunemaster version of Dune 2000
-
hmm, that's kinda odd. I might guess that some kinda video setting isn't playing nice with the game, but even the Mission Launcher ain't booting up? even if you double-click THAT one in your d2k directory, and don't go through the gruntmods launcher? can't say I've heard of this one before. feels like every machine has a different problem with this game lol I guess you could try the dunemaster edition. it's an install package like gruntmods, but maintained by dato rather than gruntlord. if one version ain't working at all for somebody, usually the other one does. you can find its thread over here: other than that, you can try making sure your game exe is the latest one. Klofkac fixed all sortsa bugs and stuff. you can find his devlog thread over here: which also contains the latest version of the editor, if that's of any consideration. the game exe here will work with either gruntmods or dunemaster can also swing by the Landsraad to bounce some things back and forth more quickly. that discord server's pinned in this thread here: here's hoping that helps though edit: oh yeah, and try running the game exe and mission launcher in admin mode. the gruntmods launcher too, if you wanna go through that. admin mode fixes some other problems; maybe this issue is related to permissions too lol
-
have you tried launching the game exe by itself? Dune2000.exe in your d2k install directory. it should work just fine. just keep in mind that the menu is NOT upscaled to whatever resolution you set the game to. cutscenes will be stretched though, if you have that option enabled you could also go through the Mission Launcher application. it won't have cutscenes, but you can access all sorts of custom campaigns
-
understandable. hey, the original features were upgraded too, and they're much easier to work with! knock your socks off with those there's beauty in simplicity. I'm certain spectacular maps can be made even without resorting to the fancy new stuff. and yeah, sure! here ya go hope that helps!
-
with level 2 finished, I'm gonna do it this way... details about each new mission will be done up in a new post (and I'll move the details for level 1 down here too), and while I'll only add onto the OP if there's some kinda new FAQ that pops up, I'll at least change the thread name to reflect how many playable missions there are. that way folks can keep up easily here's the original info for level 1: and here's some info on level 2: that's all for now. the OP's been updated with the new link and stuff. good luck and have fun
-
my pleasure, mate! ah, that's what the ini is for. the event import is one thing, that'll get you the events set up. the variable names, event notation, those kindsa thing are detailed in the associated ini. if you try exporting some events of your own, you'll notice the editor produces an ini of that too. at any rate, the names are irrelevant to the variables' functions; I've used variables called "MCVIndex" and "MCVHP" to get coordinates, for reasons yep, I've worked with Warcraft 3's map editor too. nice one, that the version I've got is v3.0. Klofkac just updated the editor & game exe over in his thread over here pretty recently: but we're often testing even more new features over in the Landsraad Discord server pinned at the top of the "Dune 2000" section of this forum. new releases like this only occur when things are considered stable anyway: basically, Klofkac's additions to the game weren't just new features we could make use of, but a new programming language of sorts that you can build your own new features on top of. it operates very logically too: you write variables to values with certain events and read variables as needed for other events. once you get an idea of it for the first time, it's not too difficult to come up with other systems! to break this particular system down further... event 89 checks for dead, untagged units belonging to any side. the side is written to the [Player] variable, and the unit meeting the criteria is indexed at the [Index] variable event 90 tags the [Index] belonging to side [Player] so the bounty can't be collected multiple times on one unit. event 91 uses a similar principle, checking the side whose unit attacked [Player]'s [Index] and writing that side's value to [Player2] if [Player] is not the same as [Player2], so the player can't kill his own units to trigger the bounty... ...then add 20 cash to [Player2]'s coffers. if you'd like some other examples, uhh... PsYcHo's been doing up a whole bunch of new maps, many of which which Cm has posted to this forum, that make use of new features like variables, I'm pretty sure. those would be good to have a glance at. my recent Arkanon-related maps also make liberal use of variables, though some of the systems are very complex, even if they are notated. feel free to ask for more info on a particular system if you'd like hope that helps though. if you swing by that Discord server I mentioned, feel free to ping me any time and we could do some speedier back and forth
-
Dune 2000 Campaign: The Great Battle of Arrakis. (Complete)
Fey replied to Thel Vadam FLippy's topic in Dune 2000 Strategy
I got around to looking at this myself. did a fresh install, installed only Flippy's pack, and found I was getting the same error on level 32. after testing a few things, it seems BLOXXMAS, a unique vanilla tileset that happens to be missing its .r16 graphic file by default, might be at fault. it only has a .r8, and maybe when Klofkac was trying to ensure backwards compatibility with the vanilla format we overlooked maps using this tileset. that could be why maps using custom tilesets, like mission 27, or maps using 'normal' vanilla tilesets like 30 or 31, launch properly although that needs to be investigated further, I was able to launch 32 by saving BLOXXMAS into the new .TLS format. here's that file: BLOXXMAS.TLS just drop that under your Dune 2000 folder in the directory CustomCampaignData > FlippysContent > FlippysContent (H) > Data > Tilesets and that'll fix the issue. dang 1998 game voodoo can be real pesky sometimes -
Dune 2000 Campaign: The Great Battle of Arrakis. (Complete)
Fey replied to Thel Vadam FLippy's topic in Dune 2000 Strategy
hmm. I know we've run into this error before, but I'm pretty sure it was patched... I can't say for sure if Flippy arranged everything in his zip correctly either. if you haven't, grab the exe and associated files directly from Klofkac over here: it'll be in the OP of the thread. if that fixes it, it just means Flippy's missing something or another in his zip hopefully that's it -
although the Starport is very strict about what it allows, the 20 cash thing would actually be rather simple. you just need a unit loop here ya go. this doesn't work perfectly, I just tried it with the new Drop Pods system and I guess cuz the pods are spawned via events the game doesn't really know what to do when they explode and kill inf. maybe need "Attacker is unit" criteria in the unit loop to make sure it doesn't give cash to side zero when something like this happens? bounty.d2kevtbounty.ini but anyway, it should still be a good example, even if it doesn't work perfectly. after the dropped sardaukar started killing stuff my cash went up by 20 each time. to import the above d2kevt, right-click the events rows and the import option will be there. the .ini is only there to give the variables the appropriate names here's how it works... hope that helps, mate. if you need any more help, feel free to poke me any time. I frequent the Landsraad Discord server pinned on this forum, so you're welcome to drop by there too. otherwise, good luck and happy mapping!
-
Dune 2000 Campaign: The Great Battle of Arrakis. (Complete)
Fey replied to Thel Vadam FLippy's topic in Dune 2000 Strategy
🤔 could it be that your Dune 2000 data folder does not have a tilesets folder? go to the data folder. you'll see stuff like "bin" "GAMESFX" "missions" and so on. if you don't see a "tilesets" folder, make one. you don't have to put anything in it; it might just be that the latest version of the game does not like that that folder does not exist -
I'll be updating the OP of this thread periodically with new levels. there are currently 2 playable missions: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XDkNfZVmBoC8dSk5KL2u-zETcaTbJvsn/view please keep in mind however that this is a development thread. these missions are considered rough drafts. that said, feel free to try them out anyway! any data y'all can send my way will be helpful for improving the final result! some general dev commentary and/or FAQs: for ease, I included the latest exe from Klofkac in the zip. if you'd rather grab v3.0 yourself, the thread's right here: but, please note that there are some occasional hotfixes Klofkac does that are tested in the Landsraad Discord server pinned at the top of this forum. there might be something important in the exe in the zip. at the moment, I don't think it'll crash the game or anything if you use Klofkac's "stable" exe over the one in the Arkanon campaign zip, but I'm just throwing this out there in case somebody runs into a problem. I'll adjust this advice if something in particular is added that makes it vital to use the one in the campaign's zip that's all for now
-
Dune 2000 Campaign: The Great Battle of Arrakis. (Complete)
Fey replied to Thel Vadam FLippy's topic in Dune 2000 Strategy
not working how? if you're running into random errors, it's probably just an exe issue. make sure to update to the latest version over here: if you're having a different problem, please be more specific. hope that helps though! -
ah, hello there you looking for the tileset or playable missions? well, I guess the latest update to the tileset (which is compatible with Klofkac's recently-released v3.0 version of the editor and game exe) is included with a playable... I don't even wanna call it a mission, it's an experiment more than anything xD but anyway... here's what ya do: hope that answers your question. if you need more specific and/or rapid assistance, you're welcome to ping @Fey any time in the Landsraad Discord server pinned on this forum, linked here: and I'd be happy to help ya out then. otherwise, good luck and have fun! these test maps are kinda rough around the edges, even the much-more-polished ArkDebut mission, but they should be a showcase of a buncha cool new stuff we got goin' on. tileset or otherwise
-
it's all thanks to everyone's efforts! I'll elaborate on their creation. the stars aligned, you know? we have to give the proper credits to everyone who helped along the way. and I need to be judicious in my mission designs to do these ones justice
-
with Klofkac having released v3.0, I wanna just throw this out there for the heck of it. make sure ya pick it up here if ya ain't already: this does not really qualify as a mission. so, idk what to call it other than an "experiment." or, a buncha experiments all colliding in one map. whatever the case, details below: I've got more spritework to do, but ya know, if anybody gives this a peek, feel free to poke me here or on Discord about it. what feels like absolute crap, what doesn't. thanks EDIT: oh yeah, and v3.0 can handle the new .TLS format too. the tileset file with all the new water/rock tiles is in the zip above. guess I should probably mention that. yep EDIT 8/6/26: I finally got around to doing a test run of this island warfare test map. yay
-
create a timer condition in Klofkac's editor, apply it to a reinforcement drop. F11 to open the events & conditions menu, and it's pretty straightforward from there. 3 mins into the game in in-game time is 4500 ticks there are gonna be some upgrades to the editor soon, including even more help text for the various events and conditions, AI parameters, rules.ini... I'd invite you to swing by the Landsraad server for quick help on stuff like this. here's a link to its thread: hope that helps
-
War of Assassins - Ordos Mission 8 is different from YouTube playthroughs
Fey replied to Abbat's topic in Dune 2000 Support
hey mate! sorry for the late reply. I tried to get in touch with Feda first, but he's pretty busy nowadays. doesn't have time to troubleshoot, himself I can't be sure what the exact problem is, but I can tell you that the Mission Launcher automates file replacement. in the old days, before this function, people had to replace their game files with modded ones if they wanted to play any modded campaigns. it was quite troublesome! the new Mission Launcher is not perfect, however. the most frequent issue that results in things changing unintentionally on other maps is a file permissions problem, where the Mission Launcher may be able to move modded files into place so you can play a mission, but fails to restore backups afterwards. this results in mod files being left in places they shouldn't be, and affecting other maps I could recommend a few courses of action. you could try a fresh install of gruntmods, or dato's 'dunemaster' version instead of gruntmods. you could check Cm's index, linked here: for the WoA thread, redownload it from there and see if that fixes the issue. and to prevent the file permissions-related issue I described earlier, simply make sure you're running both the game exe itself and the Mission Launcher in administrator mode. you can also feel free to drop by the Landsraad discord server for more help and information. that's also linked in the above index hope that helps, mate. good luck!