RRT2 Multiplayer not working - help!

I know I'm probably being a tool but how do you play multiplayer on RRT2? I'm trying to use hamachi 1.0.1.5 to play with a friend and I'm using TCP/IP connecting to his hamachi ip. For the life of me I can't get it to work and I swear I've been able to play online before. Any suggestions? We're both running windows 7.

If it can't be done this way, can anyone suggest an alternative?

• 7 months later...

So little is written about multiplayer that I can't even find out if it's possible to pause the game while playing. Is it turn based? Does a file rotate monthly or quarterly?

My only interest was in testing my map. Since multiplayer is virtually unheard of, I decided that it wasn't something I needed to worry about anymore

My son and I played via 56k modems a few times probably 10 years ago.

It worked, but not very well from my memory. 'Course, the 56k modem speed may have had a lot to do with it. I seem to remember either player being able to pause the game, but the whole thing was so herky-jerky that it wasn't enjoyable enough to keep going very long.

The other aspect of multi-player that detracts is that it is fundamentally a race against time, much like Age of Empires. And I can't stand feeling rushed to do everything faster than my opponent, 'cause if I don't he's going to hand me my ass. Age of Empires is my second favorite strategy game, behind RRT II, but multi-player is no fun at all against kids who build at twice your speed. They overwhelm and destroy you in minutes - every time.

But all that aside, RRT II is such a great game that the camaraderie found in playing a fellow enthusiast would make up for a lot of technical imperfection....at least for a game or two.

The other aspect of multi-player that detracts is that it is fundamentally a race against time, much like Age of Empires. And I can't stand feeling rushed to do everything faster than my opponent, 'cause if I don't he's going to hand me my ass. Age of Empires is my second favorite strategy game, behind RRT II, but multi-player is no fun at all against kids who build at twice your speed. They overwhelm and destroy you in minutes - every time.

Like you, I enjoy a game of analysis, sometimes agonizing over alternate routes to find the perfect solution that will benefit me 50 years hence. I probably wouldn't fare well in multiplayer.

My guess is that you want a "home field advantage". Pick a map with "issues" and play (or start) it solo maybe six times so you can bank a playbook of solutions. In multiplayer, take a quick look at where the houses landed and immediately choose a ready plan that will pay dividends long term.

I've played my US history map so many times that, if I am in a hurry, I can reliably open with a Chicago to (Cleveland or Pittsburgh or Baltimore) route in under a minute. It'll be a little lumpy going over the Appalachian hills, but I can fix that later.

Come to think of it, my US History map could put an interesting twist on multiplayer RRT2: Each player must choose a starting region. Players in separate regions would be isolated from one another (except in the stock market), so they could develop independently until one of the standard-gauge events merges their operating areas.

• 5 months later...

I have same problem..

i made server. then my friend can see my server.

but my friend can not connect my server. (But my server is connected him like this (("?" player)) )

my friend see pop up message is "unable to establish connection"

we're both open tcp/udp 7242 port.

and we tried VPN connection me and friend. but same problem.

is there any solution?

please help me.

sorry my bad english skill.