Custom map tournament. How about it?

I had this idea of organizing a custom map tournament.

We would need a minimum of 8 players, who are also willing to make / learn to make a map.

So part one of the tournament would be to make a map with emperor map editor.

Part two would be to play in those maps.

Three games / pair of people.

One game / custom map.

First two games would be in maps made by those two people.

Third game in one of maps made by other people taking part in the tourny.

Al games are 1on1. They will be 3 player games so that i can retreat and spectate the game.

Winner continues to semi finals, then to finals

Report yourself to this thread and as soon as we got 8 people, we can start making maps. Then talk about the day for games.

We will make through the tourny slowly. Maybe one or two games / weekend.

Part three would be voting of best map in the tourny.

After all that i would host a website for rankings in the tourny.

How does that sound?

i will play in the tourny i have the map editor but i dont knw how to use it to well but i do have 95 fan made maps and i wil dl any maps u guys want to play on so holla at me if u wanna play

If you want to learn it, try reading the "map editor tutorial.doc" included in the editor (i think).

Its a tutorial in six parts, one page to read by part. takes about 30 minutes. Take 1 part in a day and you'll be done with your first map in less than a week :)

btw, you have a nice collection of the fan made maps :D

If there's not enough map makers but enough players then we might give reserve places to your sort of guys and try all playing in no less than 3 maps made for this tourny. But first lets wait a week or two and see.

the only problem with my collection is that not many peole have these maps and thank you for telling me about that file i forgot about it after i downloaded the editor i never used it so i forgot about it so know i know and do u have an ideal on the rules or setts yet

???????????

i was thinking about qm setts.

quitting very early in game is generally ok, but there will be a spectator who doesnt participate otherwise in this tourny's games and he will also be the "referee". (if no one else volunteers, then that would be me)