GBA Classic Game Clones

Lord J

An indeternimable amount of time ago I purchased one of the new GameBoy Advance SP handheld consoles. It was among the best $100 I've ever spent. Its backlight and included battery pack are the grooveyest things ever invented for hte GameBoy. But, by far, the best thing has been playing computer game clones *anywhere*.

Yes, computer game clones. One of the first games I bought was Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring. On the GBA, LoTR:FotR is almost an exact copy of Final Fantasy. It is absolutely amazing, in two seconds I knew *exactly* what to do, and in three seconds I was almost past Moria. Another example is the next GBA game I bought, Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. TTT is almost an exact copy of Diablo or Diablo 2, right down to the skills list. The only thing it needs is a little more blood and some scrolls. Third, yesterday I bought Defender of the Crown. Can anyone say "Risk"? It was amazing, I bought it around 5pm, I didn't get to play it until around 12am, and by 4am I had beaten it on easy.

All three of those games are obvious copies of other games. Please comment.