Satan

here is the link i was talking aobut... the thread currently is 7 pages long... but trust me.. you will find lots of stimulating information and conversations going on there

so far it is one christian guy fending off questions from like 12 atheists.. but their are a few agnostics who actually make the most sense...

http://www.xbitlabs.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=573&start=0

a guy named tacitus made some eery sense with this statement

"Better to think that [pascal's wager] then to run the ultimate fool's errand of trying to "prove" or "disprove" God's existance. I'm actually stunned. What kind of hubris does it take (and again, speaking as an agnostic) for a person to judge themselves fit to determine whether God exists or not?"

But why even search Miles?... with your attitude you will be 99 years still looking.. and will have found nothing... someone once wrote that you cant find God in a logical way..... you have to find god.. then the logic follows in other words he should explain things to you. I know it sounds corny.. but a leap of faith is all i can put into words right now.

The reward is in the search itself. As I search I learn new things, find new ways of looking at the universe and our existance, and broaden my mind to all the possibilities out there. I will have found purpose in that search, and hopefully can expose others to these new ways of looking at things. They don't have to agree, but if they can just open their minds and think a little about their beliefs from another angle, then I can feel that I contributed at least a little to the betterment of humanity in my own small way.

The problem with you Christians is that you think that because a person is searching, then they are lost. I feel that the search represents the very nature of human curiosity that leads to exploration into a broadening of our minds. I hate to see this stifled by absolutes.

Just look at your bible: Luke 12:53.

The chapter is too long to post in this. I am not scared, if that's what you think, I just won't post the entire chapter.

Jesus warns of coming divisions.

In these strange and unsettling words, Jesus revealed that his coming oftens results in conflict. He demands a response, so that intimate groups may be torn apart when some choose to follow him.... and others refuse to do so...

There is no middle ground with Jesus... loyalties must be declared and commitments made.... sometimes to the point of severing other relationships..

Are you willing to risk your families approval to gain eternal life?

See i have put these words into context.. which you so negligently left out.

CONTEXT is everything.

NOTE*-- since you are reading the king james version which does not have any side notes to explain anything i guess i cant blame you.

Drop that King James Version and get a student bible. Save you alot of headaches.

Notice in the KJV that it says "give Peace", that clearly intends to express what his intentions are. So, when it says "nay, but rather division" it means he is coming to give Division. This is without personal interpretation.

Also, notes are what the translators feel what it means, not necessarily what it actually means.

Yes you seemed to have ignored my point.... as always.. I SAID he would bring division...... if your family is all atheists and you choose to follow christ.. your family may disown you.. THUS causing division. How can u interpret this any other way?

This passage makes tons of sense when you see families all over the world that have different beliefs among family members.

AND about the interpretation thing

you do the same thing when you read something (how can i interpret this so it fits my atheist views)... its unavoidable not to do this as humans.

be careful.... you show arrogance when you claim to be above such things.

you are not perfect and it is impossible for you be 100 percent objective.

Therefore do not criticize others.

but ok.. back to the topic.