not again!

Everytime i go into a game of emp, after about 2 minutes, it goes back to the desktop or goes bluescreen(the blue error page) My computer seems t be fine, but cant figure what it is, i have a dx diag if that helps..... dont know if i attached it correctly.[attachment archived by Gobalopper]

You have attached the DirectX file correctly. :)

I dont' have much time at the moment [ and think the Doc and Flameweaver are allready in bed to ]. So if Number6 isn't online you probably get a reply in a few hours. [ unless some one else knows the answer ofcourse ;) ].

Did it always crash or just recently started doing so ?

If it just started, can you remember if you changed anything on your system in the meantime ?

this is a topic about Dune Emperor and a few commen problems. [ a lot of them related to Norton and a Nero version ].

The grafics card you have, is it an onboard one ? [ if you have a laptop if probably is ] 7.5MB of grafics memory is a verry odd amount .... and you might want to update the drivers as you are running with older Beta ones.

No others games or programs cause you similar problems to this one I recon ?

just a note, it could be your grafics card should have 8MB of RAM. Emperor needs 16 according to Westwood tech support.

Have you tried any other games on your laptop that need about the same amount [ or more ] of recourses from your grafics card as Dune Emperor ?

What did change since it worked and now doesn't ?

Also, make sure you update your drivers, especially your video card drivers. The DDI version should be 8.

Set your desktop resolution to the default refresh rate.

Make sure the ingame graphical settings are set to low.

errrrr, i think i know why it was doing this, Yesterday i scanned my computer for virus's, i had the T1000 virus, wich was actually 2 different virus's, it was the t1000 and the backdoor assain. It kept freezing my computer every 10 minutes

What the virus actually does i do not know, But i know it attacked my back-up files on it also. Because when i tried to reformat it wouldent let me, it kept saying the back up files were deleated or infected. :'( but my computer is back to working ;D