Brotherhood Of The Id

TMA_1

after the phantom war, when the pretenders were long sent to exile on the shadowlands, people searched for a new order. Without a recollection of the wonders of history, humanity had no basis for governmental rule other than tyranny. The only key to order and peace was a corpse. A man of the circuit age that was placed in stasis for the preservation of his body. He was the great hero and bonevolant leader of the world in ages past. The educated minds of the earth compilated a mass of the greatest magi and star readers to assertain the situation at hand. Without order and stability, humanity would soon seal it's own destruction. It was decided by this group of wise ones, this "Seer Tribunal" to take the corpse of the nameless hero of the circuit age and duplicate him. fortyfive clones were made and were positioned around the key realms of the great sphere. humanity soon found why this man was a Saint. His rule was one of bonevolance and peace. the fortyfive worked together in perfect syncronisity. They became the all in one. Eventually their psychic powers grew and the past was unfolded before them. They united the realms and made the Great Spire. They then found ways to connect themselves to a central computer system, and further searched the mysteries of the past.

This was the moment in history that would be called The Pandora Effect.

Because the mysteries of the past were found to the collective clones, they also found new and evil ways to control the people. No longer was peace and noble rule "efficiant". Their enhanced minds, in psychic unity, and aided with a powerful central computer core enabled them to become so incredably wise, that they found a way to tap into the powers of the universe and effect anything in time-space with a thought. The magi were killed as well as the pretenders who were still long forgotten in exile. Soon the people were put under subjection of the "Brotherhood of the Id", the overmind that was united in one from many. A new age insued. It was the Great Dark Age and the people were put under horrible subjection. Now it was up to humanity to save itself yet again from tyranny. How could they save themselves though from a collective that could destroy worlds with a thought? How could they even conspire if their thoughts would be read?

All those who were wise knew that this would be the greatest test and the greatest fight for life and freedom of all the people of the great sphere.

prologue

"What does the writing say Raj? I never did have time to study this, this... secular temple."

"Quiet you. I need to concentrate. We only know the language because of the ingenius works of people who actually reason."

"Oh shut up! Its not my fault that the ancients destroyed themselves. Damn pretenders and their... hmm.

What did they do again?"

Rajah sighed

"Your hopeless Napalii. Just wait a second. hmm lets see... the letters read, 'Lord of Ages. Master of peace and controller of a million souls.' "

"So your saying Raj, that this corpse was once a hero? Cant you give me any more details?"

Raj walked over beside the dead body in life-suspension. He bent down to look on the man's closed eyelids. The accumulated dust made him sneeze. he blessed himself and looked back at Napalii and spoke.

"We dont know much of the Circuit Age. Only that it fell 200 years before the reign of the pretenders. Before that time, all history is an enigma to us. Our Seers only can tell that this man holds the key to our future. If we are even able to get the bickering beurocrats to decide on reviving him."

"You dont mean Raj... Cloning him? Isnt that an anathema? Even though this man could unreveal the mysteries of the past, it still seems dangerous to me."

"Its thoughts like that Napalii that keep humankind from advancing. A progressive mind is needed in order to safe us from ourselves. Remember friend, that without an open mind, we will never achieve anything. keep this in your mind always, there will be dangers in anything we do. A man that reaches for the diamond near the tar pit is always in danger of falling in. If he is able to retreave the diamond though, he has not only saved himself from the situation, but made himself rich beyond imagination."

"Your probably right Raj. You must admit though, it is scary to think of what could happen."

"aye, but the Seers dont control the C.O.R in vain."

"Yes. The counsel of ostensible religions and sciences. Any word of your commission? They surely need you on that counsel. I think you are the greatest Seer of this generation. Still though, I could be bias." Napalli said in a chuckle."

Rajah laughed

"Ahh brother. I havent heard such jive in a long time. You know they wouldnt allow me in the counsel. They see me as too flighty and opinionated."

"All the same, I still think you would serve us greater than ten Great Seers put together."

"Well your a fool then." Rajah chidded jokingly, "but a fool that I couldnt live without."

Both smiled and looked on eachother for a moment. Then looked back down at the body.

"I sure hope you are right about this body being our greatest hope Raj. I trust you, but there is just something I fear. Something that is so elusive that I cant put my finger on it."

"I know exactly how you feel Napalii. There is something here that gives us good reason to fear.

Lets hope that the fears will not unfold upon us."

"The Way is obtained by christ through the knowledge of accepting the ebb and flow of nature. Christ is the fulfilled Way. Our prophet Lau Tzu spoke of this deul nature that we must follow. Through nature, God made all mankind. Through mankind Christ was created. The road came to us and we were no longer lost. As he said once, 'I am the Way'. Nobody can reject the only true path towards the God of nature. If we reject the Way to God, Dont we reject God himself? Joshua is the way to salvation through his maternal bond with nature, her bossom carring the mysteries of old which are known to God, our unseen master. May he bless us with his phantom hand. Let this be so."

When the priest finished speaking, Napalii looked up at the trifoil crusifix. With silent words, he himself began speaking an unrehersed litany. Praying that the leader of the new age might bring with him the wisdom of The Old Wise Man, and the grace of the christ. Nothing could be sure though. Heaven knew that more prayers were needed, few if any really believed in anything spiritual anymore.

With so many quesitons in Napalii's mind, he decided that it would be best to retire to his Archology. There he would wait for the news from his brother. News that would literally change the way the sphere looked at itself.

above the node of technical and experamental philosophy, the symbol of the priest-scientist was displayed almost arrogantly. A yin-yang with christ inhabiting the light yang, and satan inhabiting the dark yin. Beside each part of the symbol was man and woman, and at the top was the transendant neutral God. The only entity that did not conform to the Way, the Tao that we are all forced to follow. Raj finally gave an inward laugh, realizing how mesmerized he was by simple superstition.

Two men in white and black clad coats rushed by, the priest-scientists that were considered so holy, that no human could touch them, not even eachother. They looked worked up to the point of paranoia, which made Raj follow them out of curiosity. Making sure not to be seen, he followed them through the garden and to the door, which was guarded.

Raj began to worry, the Seer Counsel could not keep anything from another member of the party... He began to grow paranoid himself.

Running up to the doorway, Raj showed the two ghostly faced guards his credentials. "Step aside, this is a matter of political and religious duties." (He tryed to hold down a smirk of adding religion into the phrase)

"We have strict orders not to let anyone pass, Not even God himself could enter." One of the guards said in an etherial voice that shallowly echoed. He had forgotten that the spiritual fusion created odd and fearsome side effects in Paladins, and was startled by the sound.

"By who's word were you given to act so brashly!? I will have your head on a pike!"

The guards laughed, then their eyes turned from pure blue to blood red. They then spoke.

"It would be best if you left, sir. We were told not to give that information. Old men should know their place, it would be wise to find yours."

If anybody else said this, Raj himself would strike the person where he or she stood. Looking at the situation at hand though, he chose to slowly back off.

On returning to the tram, He began to reflect. There was something obviously wrong. Something so sinister that the counsel was divided by it. Raj surmised that it had to do with the King of the Circuit age, who was to be resurrected soon. He was to be told, but with all of these signs, it appeared he would never get to find out.

• 3 weeks later...

We've created a monster.

This supposed simple transmigration of Mentis (a new name given to the late king of the circuit age) was to occur with full supervision of the Seer Counsel and it's like counterparts. Raj was included in this elite corps which was to make sure that the priest-scientists would not dabble too deeply within their own power as well as to keep that power from a select few within the counsel. That had obviously failed though.

Rajah solemnly walked up the steps of the Beldimelle Chantry. He was to meet a fellow counsel member there. He would not give up his name, but it was safe none the less. The act of shedding kindred blood on sacred grounds was of the highest offenses. Not even an aeon of God could do such an act, let alone cover it up. Seers were specially chosen for the job of watching over these sites using their third eye. Nothing could escape their ethereal overseeing.

Upon reaching the designated spot, which was where he was to wait for the individual who called him, Raj took a seat by one of the sainthood alters. The chair, obviously from the sculptors planet of Meissel was a valuable piece. It was a special species of tree that could grow according to the molding placed upon it by an artisan. It took hundreds of years and multiple generations to perfect a single item of furniture such as this. The roots grew into spires that twirled up to meet the various trunklets that formed the arch of the backrest. Leaves and perfumed flowers grew from every portion of of the armrests and the legs. It was one of those things that forced you to release a smile, and to Raj, something as simple as that was perfect.

"Raj. I am behind you. If you turn or use any sort of devise to see my visiage, I will divulge compramising information about your past and present offenses against the Seer Counsel. I know you Raj, and know that you have been powerful enough to psyonically hide much information from your loose cannon whims. I have seen all though. Now to the point at hand. Though I have threatened you based upon my own protection, I actually do wish to help you. I know of a division in the counsel, and know the specific spies and counter spies that have been the tools behind the masquerade of the Seers. I cannot give you all of the information as of yet, but will give you all that you need for each place and time. You are being threatened by a third of the Seers, who think of you as a threat. The grand master behind it all is Veda; holder of the trifoil cross. That is right my friend. He is one of the sages of the Seer Counsel. I wish you to know though that your life is not yet snuffed, but you will have to leave to Field of Kasper. This is where you can find sanctuary from the Seers of the third eye. I am a fellow brother of the counsel, and see much good in you. I wish you to know that not all of us are currupt. I charge you now though to go. You must never speak to me, only listen when I instruct. Leave to the Field of Kasper immediately, and remember one last thing; never tell Napalii any of this! I know your bond goes beyond all, but he is as good as dead. Goodbye friend."

A clicking sound rang behind the seat of Rajah, and knew it was a C-stim. If it hit him, he would become raving mad. It was a silent threat to tell Raj to leave without a word or mannerism that could bring suspicion.

Even though he remembered every word, he did not care for it, the fact that he could not protect his dear Napalii was enough to take his breath away. He was between a rock and a hardplace though, and neither his informant or the Seer Counsel seemed friendly, though he would have to trust the mysterious man who gave him all of this information. It had to be correct, for nobody else truly understood the magnetude of the problem but himself and a few others, and they were most likely dead at the vary moment. Including his dear Napalii.

• 2 weeks later...

There was no light in the room, who had turned them off? Napalii woke up in a corner of what seemed to be a dungeon. The lack of sight and the musky scent brought him on the verge of constant panic.

As Napalii fell from a failed attempt at standing up, he began to realize how injured he really was, and how painful his injuries were. There were places on his body with a complete lack of feeling, even on his face.

It was then that he heard the crackle of flames, they seem to have been there even since he had woken up, but did not pay heed to them. chills ran up and down his spine. He slowly reached up with one hand to touch his eyelid.

He had no eyes.

As he felt the actual innards of his eye socket, he felt as if he was going to die, instead he leaned over and threw up green and yellow bial. When all seemed so overwhelming, he fainted and fell back into deep sleep.

For what seemed like Ages, Napalii slept. He felt a dull ache in the socket that he jabbed his finger in, the prickling ache made his nose run. He felt that he should cry, but couldnt because of shock, and for another obvious reason.

After a few moments of inward thinking, he finally focused on his surroundings, and realized that the flickering sound of the mysterious flame was closer. With this, and all the thoughts racing in his head, Napalii began to scream. Not in any normal scream of shock, but of premeditated fear and anxiety. he heard the flame coming closer and closer.

For hours he heard the flame slowly come closer and closer. Finally Napalii felt something on his forehead, he fell back paralysed from head to toe. A jolt of extreme cold ran through his body and he was in such a state that he couldnt think straight, only pray that he would againt faint in such fear. Finally the thing that held the flame began to recite an unknown tongue, and began to eat his naked body from the legs all the way to his neck, eating only nonlethal areas on his body until the creature snapped his wind pipe.

Napalii couldnt think of anything, only gurgle on the blood that choaked his air passage, he began to fade into black from pure overstimulation. Within moments he died.

before the creature could even move. a Priest-Scientist came from the shadows, his glasses reflecting the blazing hearth. The undoubtedly sentient creature paused in fear.

After he priest-scientist spoke some ancient enchantments and curses, he took out a blade and sacrificed the living, thinking slave creature.

"That is all you are good for you genetically flawed monster. You could not attain the level of humanity in our labs, so you were made an untouchable, and died a demon. The only good work you did was your sinful work in sacrifice to our continual enlightenment. You do not deserve any last rites though, God would be offended by your presence in his abode."

The Priest-Scientist took the lump of deformed human flesh and threw it on the hearth as well as the body of Napalii. He said one last rite and spat on the fire. A final judgment to two creatures he dispised.

• 3 weeks later...

Raj slid the needle out of his arm and relaxed into his chair. the familiar warmth crept up onto him.

within minutes the chem pik released it's synthetic tryptamines. A forced smile bolted itself to his face.

he closed is eyes and dozed, feeling the prickling sensations move up and down his body. after a few moments

colors began to burst open to him, and felt as if an entirely new spectrum of light was availed to his visual

senses. In happiness he dozed off, finally getting a good rest that he hadent had in months.

When he awoke, he heard the repetitive click of the E-com mail system. WHo would send him mail at this time of morning? he thought to himself. As he met the gaze of the plasma screen, he saw he message he had hoped he would never see.

"Dear brethren, it is our sad duty to report that an aid to the Seer Counsel had died. While traveling in mid orbit,

a meteorite struck the left engine of the frigate, all but destroying the power needed to make it safely to the ground

by emergancy landing. He, and three other men were aboard the vessel, but they werent alone. Another spirit was with them, and was there to take them to the bossom of our fathers. May God be with them all."

Seer Veda, Keystone of the Mysteries, master of the Trifoil Cross.

Veda...

All Raj could think of now was revenge. He knew it wasent an accident.

"and remember one last thing; never tell Napalii any of this! I know your bond goes beyond all, but he is as good as dead."

he remembered the words of the informant as if it was spoken directly from God. "What have they done to you my friend?" a tear started to well up in his eye, just as he was about to go blind with his tears, he saw a note written on primitive paper that was slipped under the security door. He rushed over to see what in God's name it was.

"You are in great danger! I told you go get out as soon as possible, but you didnt heed my warning. If you continue this I swear by the prophets that you will die. Leave to the Field of Kasper, you will find a priestes of An. She worships the mysteries of the Old Religion. I was able to explain to her your situation and she has told me she will give you sanctuary. If you keep delaying though, I dont know how long that hand for help can last. leave before you put yourself in any more danger, before you put me in anymore danger... goodbye my friend."

-F

Raj ran to his room and took out a long trench coat and jump suit. He forgot the shower and put the clothes on without hesitation. After destroying the evidance he ran to the door, composed himself and matter of factly opened his door. He didnt take the tram, and decided to walk the 20 miles through The Forests. When he was only a hundred or so feet away he saw two of the ghostly faced guards unlocking the electronic lock mechanism of his door. He bolted for cover and peered at the site. Their glowing eyes made the area around the door luminesent. They were angry.

Figuring that it would be fool hardy to watch for too long, he slowly slinked into obscurity in the Town Square near his house. He then thought of how he could get into The Forest without being noticed. Raj finally realized something, it sent chills down his spine.

The Seers of the Third Eye... they were undoubtedly apart of the conspiracy, but how was it that they didnt spot him so easily? It was some sort of miracle, he thought.

Or it could be something else entirely. "My 'friend' is a seer of the third eye..."

he began to feel sick, realized how far the division in the councel really went. For a brief second though he felt releaved.

His third eye will help protect me. Not only can they see, but High Masters can also obscure psychic vision. Raj finally realizd how lucky he was to have a friend like he did.

"a seer of the third eye", Raj said. "I never would have realized it, the implications are infinite."