Getting online

Could any of the global MOD's move this topic to Tech Support ?

Is your computer directly connected to your modem, or with the intervention of a router ? I havn't installed Dune2000 in a long time [ it's just there in my HD ]. . did it also have the option of installing Westwood shared internet components, and have you tried if you could play Dune2000 on a LAN. Then, mayby this is all a bit to-much. Where do you get stuck if you like to play online ? You already have a WW-online account I presume ?

[ sorry, to much questions all at ones .. I'll shut up now :-X ]

ok too answer all your questions...Yes it is hooked directly to a modem...Yes i installed the westwood shared internet components but when i go to use LAN the option just isnt there..and no i dont have a westwood online account because the options they give me are all for windows 95 and a dial up connection..maybe its useless :-.Does Emperor have the online options for a cable connection?

I'm not shure if this is going to help. . more of a longshot really. . .I suppose that youdidn't install Dirext X5 fro the Dune2000 CD ?

You could try to update Dune2000 with the direct play patch from the Dxsetup folder off of the root of the CD. it's usually used for other network related problems, but it probably won't hurt to try.

ok too answer all your questions...Yes it is hooked directly to a modem...Yes i installed the westwood shared internet components but when i go to use LAN the option just isnt there..and no i dont have a westwood online account because the options they give me are all for windows 95 and a dial up connection..maybe its useless :-.Does Emperor have the online options for a cable connection?

Ehm, this may be a stupid question. But you are talkin about LAN. Not an internet connection. could you describe to me exactly what you do? What option you select if you try to go online with dune2000 etc.

a simplified A to Z of how to play on-line.

try to log on to dune2000 using your dune cd you will recieve a automated update,after this update about(25 seconds) you will be asked to up-date a second patch (about 3 - 4 minits) if this patch fails to down-load which it occasionaly does you will need to go to www.westwood.com click the tab titled support,then updates,then dune2000, now download the patch v1.06,(for your country) then you should go to http://snap.to/tu and download a patch called RC (ROTORZ CONNECTOR) you will need this patch to connect players together when playing online,make sure you get RC 0.89 ,then download the up-date patch rc 9.1,now open the RC patch befor you conect to dune,and then connect to dune2000 using your dune cd.before you can play a game on-line you will need to go into game options and select 8 bit graphics,.......dont argue about this beleive me if you select 16 bit graphics you will NOT be able to play on-line (look at my other posts in dune2000 about 8 bit graphics)thats it you will now be online...enjoy..one more thing if you have installed duneedit or similar programmes and altered any of the original dune settings the game will go out of sync (it wont run online) you will need to get a clean copy of dune to play online.

if you want more help visit my dune2000 website :-

http://mysite.freeserve.com/shy