GAME EXPECTATIONS

KILLER_SLIG

ok, I know nobody has played the final version of the game yet so we dont really know what to expect however..

I am thinking (first) that there will be very few trade houses (most people who play realtime RTS enjoy realtime RTS) this means that trade houses are gonna have to make a lot of deals with fighter and mercenary factions, but if done properly money, politics, and survival should be their strong points

2nd the "middle of the road" fighter houses will be the most common. allies will still be very important (if the fighter house dosent wanna get wiped off the boards by the merc houses) generally I think these houses will do the best because they can build an infastructure that eventually allows more indipendence.

3rd the merc houses will definatly be the get rich and powerful quick houses though I think in the long run these houses will always play only a minor role, though having them on your side will be the true key to victory

playing style will depend on the house you choose but clearly any house that isnt bringing in the spice is gonna suffer in the long run, if your a merc you better be good enough for the wealthy to want you and if your a fighter you better have some damn good defense, not to mention good production.  as a trader you want stealth and allies, and lots of them.

what do you all think, and I was also wondering what is gonna stop a big merc house or a big clan from stomping everyone? are there gonna be moderators in the game trying to keep ballence and if so how is that gonna happen?

It's a fight for Arrakis, I would think that sort of thing would be allowed. And the GM's (game masters) would probably just answering people's complaints rather than walk around looking for problems.

I agree about the distribution of the houses, I predict there will be very few trade houses and mostly fighters, with mercs probably in between the two extremes.

The game is definitely geared towards an RTS, 2 of house types concentrate almost exlusively on the military and the trader military isnt exactly a pushover either.  I hope that with their small numbers, the trader houses will be able to carve out an exclusive market for supplying the funds to grease the wheels of the war machines that will probably drive the game.

I certainly hope there is no intervention by GMs or moderators if a house becomes too powerful, there should be limits programmed into the game to begin with, not on the fly arbitration by the GMs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...