Nyar(off topic)

{the guys at the Renegade forums wouldnt help me so i came here}

This is way kinda off topic, but your the only guy who could help me(or anyone else).  Im currently hooked on Renagade....heres the problem...

-I want to quit the game so i click "quit"

-I get the yes and no question, i click yes

-Then my computer freezes and only my mouse moves, ctrl + alt + del dont work either.

I have to turn my master off and on to get it to work again...

any suggestions?

Thanks

(i match comp specs, if you need a look i will post an attachment)

When im done playing before i quit i minimize the screen and ctrl/alt/del and end task "Renegade", and i quits playing, but if i want to play agian i have to restart my computer.  I will mess around with the srceen res. and graphic.  I currently have the graphics on "low" to make less lag online...

Alright, keep me posted !

When it doesn't help, provide some specs on your comp.

You might want to consider to re-install Renegade..

The reason why is that when you force to end Renegade, it sems to work without lockup. If you quit Renegade like it's suposed to end, you will have a lockup.. (when you un-install, make sure everything in the folder is gone, except for maybe any saved games)..

The specs look okay, although a 16mb video card is the minimum. To get things clear, it only locks up when you want to quit right ? During game play there's no lockup ?

About the sound starting to beep over and over after 2 - 3 hours of game play.. Try taking off the case of your computer and if possible, let a fan blow cool air into your computer..

I'll try to see if I can find out more, but try the above..

It locked up once during gameplay, but i ran Renegade at [bold]maximum graphics[/bold]....but yea only when i want to quit back to desktop it locks up.

I will take my towers case off and fan it for about an hour and see what that does...

(should i fan it and play at the same time or fan then play??)

thanks

While you play, fan it.

Although I doubt it will prefent the lockup when you quit, it might help to get rit of the beeping sound. I start to wonder if it's your sound card, or your BIOS. Are you sure it's the game sound, or might it be your BIOS (warning you for high temprature ?)

The lockup after you quit is quiet strange. This could be due to several reasons: file that's corrupt, conflicting software, ect.

Btw, does it lockup when you quit a game your playing, or when you want to quit Renegade and does it happen while playing online, as well as in campaign mode ?

Ok, all last night i ran the game with the case of, i did some cleaning and some vacuming.(losta dust).  The sound doesnt beep(flicker) anymore, and the case is on.  

It locks when quiting Renegade, not quiting a campaign or online game.

And another thing i noticed, i have to use my shortcut or use start, programs, etc..., to play Renegade.  When i put the disc in and click play it says please insert Game Disc...whatever...thats not really a problem.

Im going to run Norton CleanSweep, and DeFrag for any loose files.  Uninstall and reinstall.

I'll get back to you...

:-X

Alright..

Try the following:

1) Make sure your desktop settings are set to the following: 800x600 16bit, default refresh rate, or lower then 70Mhz (!)

2) Renegade ingame graphic settings (need to run "Renegade config) to 800x600 16bit (detail level to just before the middle).

3) Make sure you run the tests in dxdiag.

Also, are you able to try another videocard ?