Vernius mistakes

TMA_1

One of these mistakes I have noticed is actually kinda subjective. I believe though that it just wouldnt pan out for a house to build. Remember those robots that were fighting simulators that Rhombur and Leto used on Ix? Even that kind of technology is extreme taboo and against the codes of the C.E.T.

Even though it doesnt have exact thought patterns, it is made "in the likeness of man". with a pretty damn good AI too. anybody agree?

even though I agree with you a lot on dune stuff earthnuker, I will have to disagree here. Remember the machines were built in the basic shape of a human.

It had a sophisticated AI that could adapt to the person and their abilities. It is taking a step beyond in my opinion.

hmmm...

you guys could be right. Just am still iffy about the machine made in the likeness of man. In Dune Messiah, Alia fences against a machine built into the wall. There are just so many variables that they could have purposely made better. Just seems like they wanted to either break the rules or get close to it.

yeah inoc I see what you mean. Still though I dont think that an item such as sword drilling bots would pan out. Everybody would have known where they came from, that was a good point earthnuker. It would have all pointed to Ix. I wonder what kind of reaction people would have. Would the item have been a good sell?

Well, the reason they wanted to start selling them on the black market was so that it would take longer for it to be traced back to them. This way, some houses or factions would be able to test it without any biases or suspicions playing on their mind. Then, the product being somewhat established and proven, the Ix could market the model and it's value would be seen, thus distracting the Landsraad and whoever would judge them from the fact that it borders on the illegal.

the only problem is black market dealing is illegal.hehe I think though that vernius would have come out of something like that though with a slap on the wrist.

Unless some people really got pissed about this. think about it. Vernius is selling potentially machines in the likeness of man. the most feared problem humanity faced. And what is worse they are selling them on the black market in order for the governmental structure not to see. You could then bring up the argument that if Vernius has these kind of tools, what is stopping them from creating even greater technological monsters?

That is all just my opinion. You probably are completely right inoc. I have been known to have my ass kicked by people on discussing the prequels.lol You know your stuff too. geesh :)

Well, the black market isn't like a place where everyone goes, it is the collective name for illegal dealers. These guys are probably untracable, and when the Landsraad or whoever discovers the stuff they aren't going to say "they bought this at the black market down the street", although it might occur to them, but there is a large number of ways that the items in question could have been acquired.