Dark Age of Camelot

StarCraft with Broodwar expansion

All those drivers

System Mechanic 3.6g

Stuffit 7.0

Quicktime

Intellipoint

and the commander for my DSL modem

That is about it. Anything else is either a driver or a program that came with the install CD for the various hardware installations. I have changed the AGP aperature from 64 to 128 to 256. I have checked to see if the IRQ of my video card is being shared with my monitor and it is not. The game still freezes on me every time.

Guest DaveK1981

Nope, not yet. Still freezes. Played for about 20 min or so, as is my usual play before the freeze. Would you have any other suggestions?

1) Try to set your desktop setting to 800x600 16bit. The refresh rate of your adapter to default (at least not optimized).

2) Make sure your video card is not sharing it's IRQ

3) In the BIOS, try to change AGP aperature to try different settings

4) Let me know the programs you have installed. There has been an issue where a program would interfear with EBFD. Once uninstalled/upgraded, EBFD worked..

"Doc" Nyar...

Radar, did you see my previous post to you ?

Anyway:

The various options you can put behind the game’s shortcut:

- “+w” (without the quotes) will force the game to pre-load each movie into memory, before it’s played.

- “-c” (without the quotes) will disable texture compressing. This option will mostly benefit Voodoo users

- “-altvid” (without the quotes) will most likely be used when you have two videocards. The game might use the onboard videocard, in stead of the much better GeForce 3 for example. This command will force the game to use the highly appreciated GeForce 3.

- “-s” (without the quotes) will disable sound in the game. You might want to try this to troubleshoot any problems you may have (in stead of removing the card from your system).

- “+v” (without the quotes). I do not know what this does, but it has helped people who suffered problems with EBFD.

"Doc" Nyar...

Guest akamsg101

doc, remeber me? the OP is bulit in and has the model key in the front cover, I've tried to find the files to reinsatll it but I couldn't and I don't think I can reinstall windows me...

ahhh.. ok..

your OS is windows ME..

The only other thing I cansee that might solve your problem is to uninstall directx and re-install it.. This issue is clearly something between directx and your drivers..

Try to un-install directx, there should be a readme about it.. otherwise look at the link provided earlier where you could download directx.. There shouldn be a help FAQ there about how to un-install directx..

"Doc" Nyar...

Guest akamsg101

OP, my bad... If anything can you help me find out where I can learn or download an un-installer for dirextx...?

Maybe we can try the following:

Try the following:

Close all programs you can in your system tray next to your clock.

Then press ctrl-alt-delete and select all running programs there, except for "Systray" and "Explorer". When done, try to reinstall directx. If reboot is needed, do so.

If your computer is rebooted, do the same as said above. Then run the directx tests again. If they fail, re-install your video card drivers.

I've searched for info and it seems a hassle to uninstall directx.. A re-install of drivers should do the trick this way..

"Doc" Nyar...

Guest akamsg101

ok,... I have the lastest drivers and I can't un-install directx, it says so... I have a disk for a new verson of windows (windows 2000 pro.) but, it dosen't have the lastest driver files, and it can't even go on the internet. could I download them and burn the on a disk and or find them in the hard drive and install the minimal ones untill able to get the internet and then download windows update? seems like a good idea?....

Guest akamsg101

If ya still there... Hey Doc, Can you tell me where I can find drivers for my modem, video card, and sound card for windows 2000 and maybe directx for windows 2000.

My video card model:

NVIDIA GeForce2 MX (compaq)

My sound card model:

Creative AudioPCI (ES1371,ES1373) (WDM)

My modem model:

PCTEL Platinum V.90 Modem

I got and installed the driver files (sound, video card) for win. 2000 and the only problems i'm having now is getting the driver files for my modem for win. 2000...

[This message has been edited by akamsg101 (edited 03-28-2002).]

Guest akamsg101

Nevermind about that, I managed to find and download the drivers I needed for Win 2000. Thanks anyway. :D

Guest akamsg101

although I still driver files for my modem for win. 2000, thanks.

[This message has been edited by akamsg101 (edited 03-28-2002).]

Guest Takar

Okay this probably sounds bad, but the game is running now. I haven't tried the old video drivers yet, but I did uncheck the sync data transfer on my cdrom drive. I had it checked because of Diablo multiplayer issues, but I unchecked it and haven't had it lock up yet. Yet...... Should it make that much of a difference?

akamsg, for your video card (if you have windows ME), go here:

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=windows9x

As for your sound card, it's not listed in your output. I went to the compaq site (www.compaq.com), but the presario 9100 is no where listed. Please try to find out what sound card you have. If it's onboard, Compaq should be able to tell you which drivers you need.

As for directx 8.1 (for Windows ME), go here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?releaseid=33790&area=top&ordinal=5

"Doc" Nyar...