What happened to Vernius?

TMA_1

Does anybody notice that the prequels and Franks six books dont get along too well? I mean after House corrino, its like all of his allies and friends are Gone. DO you think making house Vernius such an important part in the prequels was a good idea? Not only that but so many more struggles and intrigue are completely gone by the time you read Dune. Its like Leto just completely forgets about the problems of the past.lol it seems to be a little silly to me. naybody agree?

The problem with Frank Herbert's books was that they focused almost solely on Arrakis, and we never got much more then a glimpse of politics outside of it. Not to mention, House Vernius couldn't have participated because Paul became emperor in a relativley short time after he joined up with the Fremen. Their simply wasn't enough time for anything serious to happen. But we also don't know exactly what happened to Caladan, FH really didn't give many details into the empire's politics outside Arrakis :-

I agree. Throughout the prequels, I remember thinking to myself "how are they going to make it so that H.V. never influence the later books". By the end of the trilogy, I still had that question.

My understanding was that the Ixians were more of a separate faction than a house. In fact, doesn't it refer to them as the "Ixian Confederacy" in One of the "middle" novels (Dune Messiah, Children of Dune, God Emperor of Dune)?

Err... Herbert did more than "just Arrakis". He just concentratd more on the political aspects, rather than the gory details.

TMA: I agree. You'd think that, if Frank had wanted an Ixian-Atreides alliance, he would have had LetoII mention it somewhere in GEoD. Considering the Ixians (i.e. Malky, Noree, etc) played a large role in that book. Meh.

this is why I agree more with the DE. people slandor me about this but it is personally my opinion from reading the dune series and the DE many times. wnat to talk about this sometime Vanguard? or are you not as freakily happy about talking about dune stuff like me? lol :)