Crazy PC (please help!!!)

I have a LITTLE problem, when I'm at The Great Erg, and the worm follows me, it always catch me and I die, but this isn't the problem, the problem is that my PC always resets it self!!!! I'm so confusing. Please, help. :'( :'(

PS: I've tried to delete the game and setup again, but it didn't works.

Other thing that happen is that when I'm at the main menu, I click in EXIT but it doesn't works, and then anything more works. Could be for the DirectX version?? or the CD could be bad???? PLEASE HELP!!!! ??? ??? ??? ??? :'( :'(

1) What Dune game are you referring to ?

2) Could you please attach yopur dxdiag ?

3) Do you experience any problems with other games/programs ?

4) Has it worked okay before ? If so, what changed ?

5) Are you able and have you tried the game on another PC? If so, did it work okay on that one ?

1) Frank Herbert's DUNE

2) what? my dxdiag.exe with 776KB??

3) I don't use to play with other games, but my programs works good.

4) I don't know, it's the first time.

5) I didn't tried the game on another PC.

PS: I've tried with other copy of the game, but it works bad too. :(

1) Frank Herbert's DUNE

2) what? my dxdiag.exe with 776KB??

3) I don't use to play with other games, but my programs works good.

4) I don't know, it's the first time.

5) I didn't tried the game on another PC.

PS: I've tried with other copy of the game, but it works bad too. :(

2) Yes, please attach the text file output of the DXdiag.exe program. It should not be much bigger than 30KB. I am not sure if you are referring to the size of the text file or how much system RAM you have.

With the DXDIAG.txt file we can see what version of DirectX you have as well as what video/audio/CDROM/etc... drivers you have installed. The other suggestion I usually have for this is have you downloaded the latest patch for the game, but there are no patches for this game ??? . Have you looked at the FAQ on this game? Here is a link:

http://www.dreamcatchergames.com/support/dune.html#faqs

here is my dxdiag text file.

Sorry, some things are in spanish ('cos i'm from spain) but only a little.

Only one note: "Todas las pruebas fueron satisfactorias." is "All tests were successful."

thanks.

I know my way a bit in Spanish, especially in my field of expertise, so I'll manage ;)

To answer the questions in your first post, no it's not a bad cd. And it's not because of your directx version. It should be okay.

I do not know if it's going to solve your problem, but make sure you update your VIA soundcard drivers.

Your video card drivers are up to date.

Lately we've seen lots of problems with users who are running XP (and with service pack 1 installed). What you could try is to uninstall SP1 and then see what happens (you can easely re-install the SP later again). Are there any programs running in the background ? If so, try turning them off (especially virus scanners).

Are you able to try the game on another pc ?

oh! I'm running XP Home Edition (maybe that is the problem).

There aren't any programs running in the background, so I think the only problem is for the XP. damn! What can I said?? I known it! when I've buy the game I known that could be a problem with the OS, but as the cd said that it's works with ME and 2000... Well, lot of thanks! REALLY! LOT OF THANKS :) :)

Thanks ? why ? As far as I can read I didn't solve your problem yet right ?

If not, have you tried the compatibility mode ? Right click on the game and select properties/compatibility mode (I don't have XP so don't know which one will pop up. But take it from there and give it a try (if your problem hasn't been resolved that is) !