Emperor wont load PLZ HELP I BEG OF U!!

chrisbak3

Well, I've got the same problem. I emailed Westwood, a lot of help that was. They kept saying it's XP. Well, the only thing I've found to work is chuck Norton AV. Emperor works then, but I'd like to keep norton. Anyone else got any ideas, please let me know. I just bought Norton too, otherwise, I would have waited and gotten McAffee.

Well, I've got the same problem. I emailed Westwood, a lot of help that was. They kept saying it's XP. Well, the only thing I've found to work is chuck Norton AV. Emperor works then, but I'd like to keep norton. Anyone else got any ideas, please let me know. I just bought Norton too, otherwise, I would have waited and gotten McAffee.

I'd suggest to send an e-mail to Symantec and see what they say. Westwood won't do anything to solve your problem, they abandoned EBFD.

It may very well BE winXP. Not anything they did wrong, but just how the OS is set up. What it sounds like to me, as i ran into it a lot when i used to run XP (because i wasn't very good at learning from my mistakes evidently, and btw, this will happen in 2k as well, and probably other ntos platforms), is that i had permission restrictions. If your NOT installing the game under the administrator settings, it will usualy give you an error about that as i recall, but remember that after you DO install it under the admin settings, in order to PLAY it, you have to either play it under the admin settings, OR give read/write privilages to which ever user you want to play the game with.

To do it, go into your admin settings, rightclick on the main emperor folder, go to preferences and work your way into the permissions tab (i think thats the correct path to get there, been a while since i screwed with xp). Once there, make sure the "Allow permissions to recursively propagate to child directories" (or whatever it says) box is clicked. Then select your user (or add yours to the list if yours isn't listed, but try to stay away from the "all users" one) and make sure all the permissions are clicked on. Then apply and try it again.

If thats your problem, then that will probably fix it. You may want to try running it in your admin settings to see if it works there (and thus that this is your problem) before screwing with all of this. That way if it isnt your problem, your not wasting time.