Please Help Me

Looking through your dxdiag I have a suggestion. You are currently using a release candidate driver for your Nvidia card. Here is the last WHQL certified version:

http://download.nvidia.com/Windows/40.72/40.72_winxp_WHQL.exe

I don't know if that's what you were using before your last update or not (Go back to an earlier version if it was), but it is worth a try to retrograde. I do have a question about your configuration though. Why are you using the F: drive as your bootable drive? I have never seen a configuration like this. I thought Windows had to be installed on the C: drive.

Guest AlusKomo

I updated my Via drivers, nothing changed.

In BIOS the power managemant is set "user define", i cant disable it. In the system devices category I cant find "advanced power management support". In my win.ini there isnt a "LOAD" entry. Maybe i did some mistakes;)

Actually Emperor was running on Win XP, but it was installed under Win98 I upgraded to XP. Im using now another CD device. Maybe its the copy protection? When Im trying to start Emperor it sounds as if some data couldnt be read. Maybe Im wrong, but Ill try to change the cd device again.

Cya in Generals8)

Guest AlusKomo

YES IT WORKS :D :D :D :D

The install fix did it!

Thx for help :)

BTW Nyar your great Homepage isnt Mozilla compatible. The lines are cut.

Cya in Generals 8)

I have the same problem here. I run Windows XP aswell with the SP1 and I recognize the problem. Also just see the logo screen and the jumps back at desktop. No task of emperor present in the taskmanager. If you need my dxdiag just say and I will post it. I also send a mesage to the technical support at Westwood describing the problem and saying that more players are having this problem. Maybe they will do something about it Here are my specs.

1700+ XP Athlon processor

mem: 256 mb RAM

Geforce2 MX with latest drivers

Soundblaster Lie 5.1 with latest drivers

I can't/don't want to unistall SP1. When I bought this windows it came with SP1 and I don't know how to uninstall it. And im knida busy plus this computer is like only 25% mine and the other people who own this computer will most likly say no when I ask them to uninstall SP1.

are u running any norton software, if so this may be your problem. I had exactly the same problem as you, and found that Emperor would only work with Norton uninstalled, as i tested it to see if it would run after Norton was uninstalled and it did. If i reinstalled norton software, it would no longer work, even if you diable everything to do with norton, it would make no difference.

I am using Norton and Emperor runs fine. It may have something to do with running the real time virus protection, which I never run. You should be able to disable real time protection if you have it enabled, but I would not recommend uninstalling your antivirus software.

I have had the same problemsas you all but not know more have a look in the discussion about EMPEROR AND WINDOWS XP , or if you don't want to look I have copyed everything I wrote in that discussion so it will not read right all the way throw as it is copyed.

But have a look any way there might be something in there that might help ;D

I have a triplex mx 440 64 mb graph card dual head ,two-head display with t.v. out, I found that the "nvidia" had to be disabled for my game not to jam the computer it only dose it on emperor, but i run "win 98 se". Now when i had "xp home" going I had problems with just "xp home and emp" as it dose not have a windows logo match for xp and that in game play or like you when it starts the E.A. logo and Westwood logo would play then it would shut down like you.Like the game had never been started and when pressing keys like (Crtl+Alt+Del ) to show shutdown screen the(game.exe and dune. and emperor.exe and ~them numbers) were not there to show if the game was even trying to run. When I had xp home I had a g-force 2 mx 400 with No t.v out it never give me any problems at all when running under windows 98 se but because the card never had t.v out it had the nvidia auto diabled so it never was the problem make the game crash with xp home.

To make it easy to understand:

g-force 4 mx 440 with tv out ~~~~ had problems

g-force 2 mx 400 witout t.v out ~~~~ had no problems

windows 98 se ~~~~ had no problems

windows xp home ( tryed with no sp1 )~~~had problems with emp

So with g-force 4 mx 440 and xp home or pro you might have some problems like resting your computer alot because of jaming or just trying to get it to run.

and i tryed the game with 98 se and ASUS g-force 4 mx440 t.v out and 32mb ddr ram built into the card

The Triplex has 128 ddr ram built into it. This graphic card worked better then the AUSU card did when nvidia was disabled it mad it more stable to play.

plus norton 2003 chews a bit of ram sitting in the background running I found aswell but i do not think this is your problem, as you can get around that.

{What is nvidia you ask}:

You will find it in the (( control panelNvidia nView desktop manager....... there you will be able to disable and enable nvidia chip >> dose this help leyt me know man

Member #2060>Re:Emperor and Windows XP