About power managment

Doc, congratz for your site (i guess you run it), guys you should take a look (just make sure to enter the english links, if u don't speak dutch ).

As i read, please let us know, i am quite sure many of us don't know the reason behind it for this advice

" Try disabling "advanced power management". In the BIOS, look up the option power management and disable it. In Windows, right click on "my computer" and select "properties". Click on the "device manager" tab and locate the "System devices category". Click on the "+" sign to expand the system devices. Locate "advanced power management support" and double click on it. Put an "x" in the box "disable in this hardware profile".

What benefit do we get from doing that ?

Thx.

Thanks for your comments on the site, much appreciated ! I'm still working on it though, so more things to come :)

As for power management, it can cause your comp to lock up. The "Basic" section talks about lockups and internal errors. I once experianced lockups and tried everything I knew. I then tried the above and no more lockups, hence why I include it on the support site :)