uh HeLp PlEaSe....

ethan

So it has worked before ? If so, what changed ? And what doesn't work (crash back to desktop, freeze, any error messages) ?

To attach your dxdiag, do the following:

Run dxdiag (go to start => run and type there dxdiag). On the first tab you'll see a button below that says "save all info". Press that button (preferably with the tests on the sound and display tab run) and save it as a txt file on your desktop. When you reply here, there's a button below where you can type your post, called "Browse". Press it and select your dxdiag.txt and press okay. It then should be attached to your reply.

umm, i fixed it. i guess they sent me a new motherboard and didnt tell us.

the original problem was...

i put the new gfx card in and plugged the monitor in the gfx monitor slot. i turned the comp on and there was no output signal sign on my monitor.....(odd)......

then i put the monitor plugin in the monitor board slot and it came up in 640x480 res with 16 color (normal). then i put the install CD in and there was no menu(grrrr).

we tried everything and finally sent it back. i guess its a new mother board again....and it works now.