About the MODS (if anyone have patience for a noob)

xVYPERx

Hi people. I am new to this forum and have a poor english, so forgive me any fault. Maybe someone here know me from Emperor game; well, I know some nicks that I see.

But the 'for what?', the reason I came here is my wish to learn more about the MODS. I know the basics of it: modifications of the game. But I want to know how put it to work, from the beginning - the 'step-by-step' of the process. For exemple, the KH (and related) MOD: how it works? How I put it on and off (turning again to default game)? If I want to download KH2, I will need to download the KH1 first?

These are my very first questions to solve. I hope that with time pass can I help someone too, but for now I just NEED help. I thank you all atention.

More questions:

- I have dowloaded (but not instaled yet) KH 2.11 patch and try but cannot download KH 2.1 (crashed link). With the lastest version (2.11) I need the previous one (2.1)?

- If I have mods on, can I play (in multiplayer games) with people that haven

Patches for mods are just like patches for games. You DO NOT need the 2.1 patch. That's why the link doesn't work any more. The only patch you need to download is 2.11

For the same reason you DO NOT need KH1 in order to play KH2. Kwisatz Haderach 2 is a completely stand-alone mod. And that is why you can no longer download KH1... you don't need it.

If you have a mod, you can only play in multiplayer with other people that have the same mod. Otherwise you will get the OOS (out of sync) error...

But I want to know how put it to work, from the beginning - the 'step-by-step' of the process. For exemple, the KH (and related) MOD: how it works? How I put it on and off (turning again to default game)? If I want to download KH2, I will need to download the KH1 first?

To install the Kwisatz Haderach2 mod (KH2), you need to unzip the contents of the entire zip file (except for the readmes) to your EmperorData Directory. This will normally be C:WestwoodEmperorData

Once that is done, you need to install the 2.11 patch. Unzip the entire contents of the zip file for the 2.11 patch into the EmperorData directory just like the KH2 zip file. Then you're done. For me information, read the readme files that come with the zip files for more specific information relating to certain files (e.g. the .lgt file that came in the 2.11 patch zip file).

Things you should really do before you install the KH2 mod.

1. Make a copy of the two .409 files in your main Emperor folder. Put them in a safe location.

2. Make a copy of ALL the .txt files in the EmperorDataSfx folder. Put them in a safe location also.

The KH2 mod will overwrite these files when you install it, so if you want the original game back the way it was, you'll have to replace these modified files with the originals that you backed up. Otherwise you'll have to reinstall the game. A final note: To turn KH2 on/off, look for a small program called "Switch.exe" in your EmperorData folder once you've installed the KH2 mod. Run the program and follow the on screen instructions to turn the mod on and off. All the program essentially does, is rename the 3 folders in your EmperorData directory from: 3ddata, Model, Strings, to x3ddata, xModel, xStrings. When the Mod is on, the names of these folders do not have the 'x' in front of them, but when it is off, they do, so that the game does not read the folders properly and use their settings for the mod. Therefore, the game just uses the default settings for the game itself.

To install the Kwisatz Haderach2 mod (KH2), you need to unzip the contents of the entire zip file (except for the readmes) to your EmperorData Directory. This will normally be C:WestwoodEmperorData

to install kh the correct way unzip the content to *:WestwoodEmperor|Data

* is the directory you've installed emperor on.

if you want to switch to kh2/normall emperor go to *:WestwoodEmperorData

find an program named "switch" click on it and follow the instructions (which is basicaly pressing 0/1 and enter ;)