Help!

Death42

Hello, just new around here and I been thinking that the people around here can help me. Here's a few problems.

1) How can I make a mod that will enable or how to unlock campaign units such as Guild NYAP. (is the spelling correct?)

2) What is the correct installation to play custom maps.

3) I Whould like to play the mods called "subhouserules" but I can't enable it, I followed the "README" I backup what need to be backup but it always stay the same, I can't play the additional units. What I must do?

Thanks in Advance! :)

Damn,I thought people can help here. Oh well, just this question, can you please answer this, anyone? ???

How can I add units such as the "Harkonnen General" and the "Imperial Sardaukar General", what I must do?, can someone please give me a hints or tips or anything on how to add units such as this because I whould like to use them in skirmish games. Just this question, please! and last thing, what are the requirments in order to play the mods, because whenever I try to play a single mod such as "ExpansionPack-(skirmish)" it dont work so I whould like to now how to play this mod

1. You must give it to a House, so you can build it with that one. And you must give it 2 build icons in artini.txt

4. You mean create entirely new units? Then you must list them also above in the rules.txt

http://editing.dune2k.com/docs/

Is one place to find help.

1/4: To unlock units, as timenn said, like the SD and HK generals, you must edit the rules.ini to give them a house, icons (Artini), and primary building (eg HKBarracks)

You need to do the backup as well as unzip to the EmperorData (I think) directory. Ensure that the rules.txt and artini.txt go in the EmperorDATAmodel folder.

At last!! :D, someone answered my question, well, I don't know how to use the "artini.txt" but don't worry about this now, I think i found a much easier way by using the "TibEd". Can you just help me how to use this "TibEd" system, maybe you all know this? because I don't know how to add the Atreides General even I copy all the stats of the Atreides Sniper to the Atreides General, if I'm correct, the problem is theres no picture on the Atreides General, care to give to me tips or just tell me whats wrong and last, can you please tell me how to add the pictures for those who have no pictures like the Sardaukar Tank or the Sardaukar General in the "TibED" system.

Note:Can you please post if you don't know the asnwer because I'm so limited to internet connection :)

Thanks!

I really advise NOT to use that program. I found it for myself very annoying to add a unit.

Do you know how to get these files? ArtIni.txt and Rules.txt (otherwise I give them to you)

But you can see the rules.txt being a very long textfile.

Then you have to search for 'ATSniper' (or any other unit. But realise that they are named different in code sometimes then in the game)

When you find something like this:

[ATSniper]

Score = 2

House = Atreides

StormDamage=74  // (1*64)+10

etc.

Copy the whole stuff (except that '[ATGeneral]') And search for 'ATGeneral' until you find something like this:

[ATGeneral]

House = Atreides

StormDamage=10 //only damages is never picked up

etc.

Then remove everything except [ATGeneral] And past the data you have copied.

Now you have an Atreides General, which has the same things as the Sniper.

That was part I

Now you can close the Rules.txt, and place that file into /Emperor/Data/Model/

Then open ArtIni.txt, and search for ATSniper

Until you find this:

[ATSniper]  

Icon = "iconsAT_Sniper.tga"  

IconGrey  = "iconsgrey_AT_Sniper.tga"  

Xaf  = "AT_Sniper"

SideBarType = "Infantry"

CrapShadowSize = -1.0

Copy above marked lines of this, and search for [ATGeneral]:

[ATGeneral]  

Xaf  = "AT_General"

LoadFlagOnlyPreplaced

Remove the above marked line, and copy those of the sniper in it.

Now save the ArtIni.txt. And place it also in /Emperor/Data/Model/

Now you can run Emperor. And when you play as Atreides you can build this General. Notice only that it has the same build icon, since you copied it all from the Sniper.

Do you have it all?

OMG!! :O. Do you mean I can finally use the AT General is single game using this?, if yes, is the AT Sniper is still in the game?, because the way you tell me about this is replacing the AT Sniper with the AT General, am I correct? but anyway, a big thanks Timenn and can you tell me a guide how to add the other units like the Sardaukar General and the other units that not availiable in single game? PLEASE!!, if this one work, my long problem about EBFD will be solve!! ;D

I see, well Timenn, I'm in the process of doing what you told me and I finish the Rules.txt im in the ArtIni.txt now, but whenever I copy those the Sniper has, its always said this:

"Not enough memory availiable to complete this operation. Quit one or more applications to increase availiable memory, then try again.

Well? and I forgot, I change the AT General to Primary to ATBarracks, is this right?

note:Now that you're helping me, can you tell me how to get the other mods or let just say, "subhouserules" (this is a mod) work?

I do what you advise me Frodo/Tinnem but it still not working, I'm just going to copy what I have done so far so you can all tell me whats wrong.

ArtIni.txt:

[ATGeneral]  

Icon = "iconsAT_Inf.tga"  

IconGrey  = "iconsgrey_AT_Inf.tga"  

Xaf  = "AT_Inf"

SideBarType = "Infantry"

CrapShadowSize = -1.0

Rules.txt:

[ATGeneral]

Score = 2

House = Atreides

StormDamage=74  // (1*64)+10

UnitGroup = ATBarracks

Terrain = Rock, Sand, NBRock, InfRock, Ramp

Cost = 500

Size = 1

Speed = 6.0 //game coord per update

TurnRate = 0.2  //radians per tick

Armour = Earplugs, 50, InfRock

Health = 1050 //High as used for Duke

Infantry = true

CanBeSuppressed = TRUE

//SoundSelected = Selected

//SoundOrdered = Ordered

ViewRange = 7

AiSpecial = TRUE

TurretAttach = IMSardaukarGun

TechLevel = 1

Crushable = TRUE

ChaosEffect = SmallChaosFX

HawkEffect = SmallHawkFX

TastyToWorms = true

WormAttraction = 3

CanMoveAnyDirection = TRUE

CanBeDeviated = FALSE

CanBeRepaired = FALSE

Score = 4

AIThreat = 60

// LEVEL 1 ----------------------------------

VeterancyLevel = 5  // Score required

ExtraDamage = 25

// LEVEL 2 ----------------------------------

VeterancyLevel = 10

CanSelfRepair = 1 // Need 0.5?

// LEVEL 3 ----------------------------------

VeterancyLevel = 20

ExtraDamage = 50 // 50% more damage - applied to all weapons

ExtraArmour = 50 // Takes 50% less damage

Please don't let go guys, I think this problem is almost finish. :)

OH YESS!! ;D. I finally get it work after a lot of hard work, currently, I enable the the AT General, IM General, and the IM Tank. Can anyone tell me how to enable the Advance Windtrap for all the house and the TL Turret.

note:I don't know what is the GU Scavenger, is this a unit or a building? and how can I let the Ordos and the Harkonnen General shoots?

Thanks to Tinnem and Frodo for helping me on how to edit the Rules.txt and the ArtIni.txt: I know this is just a small problem but for me, its a big problem. Thanks again guys! ;D

Well if you have the basics it will all become very easy.

To add a different weapon to a unit, you must change the name after TurretAttach =

You must choose then a already existing turret (or make one, but that's for later) you can see a list with existing turrets somewhere in the top of the rules.txt.

For basic: A unit which can fire has a so-called: Turret. A Turret has a specefic reload time, and it has a specefic place where it stands on the unit, and it fires a bullet. The Bullet contains all information of Damage, Speed etc. And it results when it has impact a specefic Warhead. Well a Warhead is the impact. It says about the bullet how much damage it does against light armor, and how much against airborne armor (in percents %)

Notice this! If a unit xbf (the model file) contains NO firing animation, then it can't shoot!

Ok, to add the Large Windtrap, you can just remove all the // which stands before the lines which tells about the LAWindtrap (in Rules.txt AND ArtIni.txt)

For the Tleilaxu Turret you must also give this one a primary building, and a House

The Scavenger, I've never seen it. I thought it was a vehicle, but try it out, I should say. Just do the same as with the LAWindtrap

I see, Hmm... So are you telling me that the Ordos and the Harkonnen General can't shoots whatever I do? well I'm just hoping because I see their units in game but I don't shoot. Maybe I'm just going to do is to copy the xaf of the AT General to the Ordos/Harks General, it's the only way I know. Okay, I'm just going to see the Guild Scavenger when I try to unlock the TL Turret. ;)

Thanks Man!