Q bout AMD & Pentium

Sup peepz, i have a question bout AMD Athlon and Pentium.

i currently have a Pentium system but im thinkin bout switchin to AMD. Can someone tell me some things bout AMD:

-if i will be able to play every game.

-if i will be able to install every type of hardware

-if the speed/quality is good

-Other things i need to know.

thankx in advance.

1) You should be able to play any game.

2) What kind of hardware are you referring to ? If you mean vidoe cards, sound cards, Nic's, yes you should be able to install any type of hardware. Harwdare doesn't depend that much on processor, but more to your mainboard. However, you might want to choose the right memory to go with the processor :)

3) Speed is good (although the higher claas Pentiums are faster). The price of AMD processors is excellent, no discussion possible. Quality is good as well, although I had some problems in the past and will therefore stick with Intel.

Last, price performance wise AMD outclasses Intel by miles.

Performance wise Intel outclasses AMD.

What kind of memory fits with AMD depends on the kind of mainbaord you choose. Best choice would be DDR333 memory. Another option would be DRR266 (DRR333 runs at 166Mhz (2x166=333), while DRR266 runs at 133Mhz (2x133=266)). All comes together with the mainboard you choose..

The problems I had with AMD varied between not able to runa game and problems with software. This doesn't mean AMD can't handle some games or software. I probably had bad luck, but switched to Intel. So far, Intel hasn't given me any problems (yet :)).

I have an AMD 1800+ XP processor, and EVERYTHING works fine. But, I've heard of problems before. They are rare, I think. The AMD's are underclocked, IE an AMD 1.53 GhZ proscessor runs at 1.8 Ghz accoring to intel. I prefer AMD, better speed for the price. Intel has a proscessor 200 MhZ faster than the highest AMD, but it's freaking $600 more!