House Ordos

Gobalopper

Ever wonder where House Ordos came from? Well I recently asked Aaron Cohen that question and this was his response.

The Ordos are a Westwood invention, though the name comes from one of the later books.

And here is something I picked up from Munch:

A bit of a clarification from your latest news, for people you don't know the origins of House Ordos.

The name "House Ordos" was from the "The Dune Encyclopedia" 1984, Corgi Books, UK, pages 273 & 278, complied by Dr. Willis McNelly. "The Dune Encyclopedia" was approved by Frank Herbert.

The House insignia Westwood used for the Ordos is House Wallach's insignia, from the Encyclopedia (page 276). House Ordos' insignia from the Encyclopedia (page 278) is two white bones, forming a cross, with green ivy entwined on the top left part of the bone cross, on a yellow or gold field. From the Encyclopedia, "Or two bones white per saltire, in dexter chief entwined in ivy vert".

I do not think that the Ordos were mentioned in any of the Dune Chronicles (Herbet's six Dune books). I have read the series twice, and have read Dune three times.

All other info about House Ordos (from a frozen planet, a cartel etc.) was made by Westwood.