Smugglers

Gobalopper

Here is what I got from Zutroy about the smugglers

I ran into the Smugglers you have mentioned on your page. It was Harkonnen level 5 or 6 (can't remember, i spent all night playing :P). At first I thought it might have been one of the Emperor's troops, because it was purple, but when I attacked it, I got the message "Smuggler's are now hostile". They indeed did have a base, although it was a small one. In later levels (i'm at level 8 so far... damn it's hard!), I've got all these little purple guys attacking me all the time.....smugglers? Not sure. So far it's only infantry they send at me, which are easily taken out by 1 or 2 seige tanks.

More this time from Hypertank:

Hey, I finished Ordos and Atreides (I hate Harkonnen) and the purple guys are the emperial troops, I might be wrong, I haven't played the Harkonnen campaign yet but they corespond to Zutroy's description. They only send infantry, mostly Sardaukars, they do have a war factory but they don't use it at all or if they do, they just store vehicles in their base for defense using only infantry to attack. Sardaukars are tough but squishable. They carry some kind of explosive and you lose health when you run them over.

More from Zutroy about the smugglers

The purple guys are indeed the Emperor's Troops. They occasionally send tanks, and have a sizeable base, but aren't too tough.

Arggh.. I want the game! :)