Dune 1

Gobalopper

Even more information is coming in here is some email I received:

Snatcher100:

This is about the Sega CD version of Dune 1. I have it. It is alot like the one you can download, but it has a few changes. Gameplay is the same. Some CG cutscenes have been added (nothing much) and the desert and ornthoper grphics have been rendered in 3D CG.(Myst style) Voice is added for all the characters. The acting is excelent. New music has been added, again excelent. Additionally, scattered throught are video clips from the movie which are accessed from a jornal. The graphics are slightly sharper but less colorful. Control is much more difficult without a mouse, and gameplay and storyline remain unchanged. Overall it is a fun game for any Dune fan with better graphics but harder control than the computer version.

Jan Strojil:

In 1994 I borrowed a CD called Dune from one of my friends and found it maybe even more exciting than Dune II. First of all, it keeps much more of the story line from the book than Dune II did. The game itself is a combination of some kind of a strategy game and something like Myst or Riven, going round, talking to people. It also had something I had never seen on a computer before. The intro movie was princess Irulan talking, full screen video (thoug only every second line), then in the game you could see short parts of the movie and when you were riding an ornithopter, you had this lovely view of the dunes. In that time, it was absolutely incredible. Dune also offered about six different languages including Fremen. Also, the amazing part was, the exe file had required only about 400kb of free conv. memory and single speed CDROM was enough. I wish games today were written with such briliancy as Dune I was! You say on your page that it was made by Cryo. It was CRYO and I think it was just the distribution company, but hey, it's been some time since I last played it.

For more you can view our Dune 1 page.