Emperor Message

Gobalopper

Chris Longpre stopped by the official Emperor forums with the following message:

I hope everyone is having a great holiday season! Schools are starting to let out, temptures are dropping, and all the trimmings of the season are about.

We have created another map-pack and hope to release it soon. I've also seen some wonderfull user-made maps on various sites! Everyone should go check them out! (www.dune2k.com had a great selection).

Emperor has a very tight-knit community, and if you'd like to see it grow, here are few suggestions. Go out and tell your friends & neighbors about the fun your having with Emperor. The prices have come down on Emperor dramatically in the US (not sure about overseas), so its the best time for those fence sitters to get a copy and join the fun.

Also, try to keep these forums upbeat! I know some of you are frustrated that RA2 has so many more players, but grousing about it here will only turn away potentially new players.

Nyar has put a ton of his personal time into solving & helping configuration problems players have had with getting Emperor to run well on their systems. As he has noted, almost all the problems are solvable, and are not Emperor bugs. (Thanks Nyar!)

Currently, we are putting all our hands on deck to make Renegade & Earth&Beyond totally stellar games. Devinoch & myself still read the messageboards, and have been seeing everyone's posts. We are still here. :) However, this board is for you guys & gals, the fans, the community. You can make it into whatever you want. I cannot add more players, or make the existing ones play nice.

Have fun, play the new user-made maps, and be safe! - LINK

Speaking of Renegade I managed to kill Chris a few times and even had a Engineer pistol duel with Cliff in the beta testing. I won them both of course. :)

When I get a chance I will have something posted about the beta, in the meantime you can check out some screenshots from the first press beta a few weeks ago and don't forget to visit CNCR, our Renegade sister site.