Full COD Cast Revealed and Production Date!

Mahdi

Thats right, the full cast of Children Of Dune has been revealed, and it's got more than a few surprises in it.

Despite the Internet Movie Database's report, Susan Sarandon will NOT be playing the part of the Lady Jessica. Instead, she will be taking on the role of Wensicia. However, I was correct in my earlier guess that she would get star billing, and, unless they are really beefing up Wensicia's part, she'll probably only get an hour or so of screen time. Saskia Reeves won't be back as Lady Jessica either, and her replacement is Star Treks Borg Queen Alice Kirge. Uwe Ochsenknecht (Stilgar) is being replaced by Steven Berkoff, who has a fairly lengthy list of credits although I've never heard of him before. Jessica Brooks will be playing the part of Ghanima, and James McAvoy (Band Of Brothers) will be playing Leto II. Daniela Lunkewitz has also been confirmed as the new Alia, as well as Edward Atterton as Duncan.

Returning cast includes Ian McNeice, Julie Cox, Barbara Kodetova, Alec Newman, and P.H. Moriarty.

So far I haven't found anything on Jessica Brooks, but I will do a more thorough search tommorow. James McAvoy is a grade four fencer, so it seems that either it's a pretty big coincidence that two of the new stars of the mini have forms of combat listed among there strengths or the director (confirmed as Greg Yaitanes) is going to put more of an emphasis on fight scenes this time around. It also seems that the fears of several forum regulars (as voiced in this thread) have been verified, as I doubt James is going to play a twelve year old.

Production is set to begin, oh, in a few hours in Prague. Good Luck to the COD cast and crew! More updates will be coming soon.

Thanks to the sci-fi wire for the heads up!