Friends vs. Dune?

Mahdi

Some of you may remember that way back when Children of Dune was greenlighted there was more than one person (myself included) hoping that, maybe, just maybe, if Children of Dune was looking like it might be a success, the Sci-Fi channel might try making an actual TV show based on Dune. Well, it's starting to look like that might just happen. Variety, in an article dealing with the end of production on Children of Dune, reports that the Sci-Fi channel and the Dune miniseries' production team are planning a possible weekly television show based on the novels. Children of Dune will probably act as a backdoor pilot, determining whether there is enough of an interest in Dune for a television series by way of it's ratings. Hopefully the Sci-Fi channel will confirm this news article soon.

What do you think the television series should be about? Ceniscape actually implies that the series would actually follow the events of the books. Personally, I'd like to see a series based on other Houses during Paul's Jihad, although I believe that the series will probably start shortly after Children of Dune ends. Be sure to post your thoughts in the comments section or the forums!

You can find the original article here, however, membership is required to view it. Thanks to UtopiaPlanitian for bringing this and the previous news article to our attention.