Dune 2000 - new HD remake

paprika

Hi Guys,

I am interested to create a new HD version of the Dune 2000, it means all art will be remade with much higher details. It means new in-game HQ art / animations. Does anybody created a HD mod to be able to replace/import/export old art for a new HD images? let say 128 pixels to 512 pixels per image. I dont wanna touch the code at all, I just wanna update all art for much better quality with high resolution.

Is it possible? Anybody can help me with some quick tests? 

look at my art test here:
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Yev1o3

Thanks

oh hey! I remember this Outpost :) it's been ported in-game and used in Thel 'Vadam Flippy's campaign

we don't have a way to scale big sprites to smaller forms in d2k. real size is real size, but you could draw something in high quality and then maybe most of the details would be maintained when it's converted to small sprite form

128x128 is the largest possible structure size, at 4x4 tiles

hope that helps :D

On 3/7/2024 at 9:59 AM, Fey said:

oh hey! I remember this Outpost :) it's been ported in-game and used in Thel 'Vadam Flippy's campaign

we don't have a way to scale big sprites to smaller forms in d2k. real size is real size, but you could draw something in high quality and then maybe most of the details would be maintained when it's converted to small sprite form

128x128 is the largest possible structure size, at 4x4 tiles

hope that helps :D

So there is no way to recreate Dune 2000 with same code in different engine or any mod that would expand capability of the old Dune 2000?

Add some plugins or new features to add OpenGL or DirectX that allow us draw HD format images??

7 hours ago, paprika said:

So there is no way to recreate Dune 2000 with same code in different engine or any mod that would expand capability of the old Dune 2000?

Add some plugins or new features to add OpenGL or DirectX that allow us draw HD format images??

it's not the same, but the closest we've got is OpenRA. there have also been new sprites made for OpenRA's recreation of d2k, and surely artists have more freedom with that platform. OG d2k is more limited in this regard

N.N,> is around the Landsraad server on Discord, pinned on this forum, so feel free to drop by and poke him :D he'd be able to give you much more info about OpenRA stuff

• Like 1