[aKa]FedaYakin carries the Dune 2000.

MARSHAL ZA

I have just replayed the Mercenary campaing after completing Landsraad and OMG, I really love them all! I tried replaying original campaing and it just feels so boring compared to the newer one. I usually don't post thanks, but I really appreatite all the work and effort FedaYakin and other mappers have made, they really upgraded the DUNE 2000, if it ever have been remastered they should be official campaign, since they are that great. War of Landsraad blew my mind, how much effort was put into lore and mapping. Right now 50%+ of Dune 2000 is great because of those campaigns, made just by 1 person!

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I don't need support, just wanted to share my gratatude to the amazing work done.

Also, I have created a few maps myself, even a full campaing (the latest got lost with destruction of my old harddrive), if anyone is interested I will post them.

17 hours ago, MARSHAL ZA said:

I have just replayed the Mercenary campaing after completing Landsraad and OMG, I really love them all! I tried replaying original campaing and it just feels so boring compared to the newer one. I usually don't post thanks, but I really appreatite all the work and effort FedaYakin and other mappers have made, they really upgraded the DUNE 2000, if it ever have been remastered they should be official campaign, since they are that great. War of Landsraad blew my mind, how much effort was put into lore and mapping. Right now 50%+ of Dune 2000 is great because of those campaigns, made just by 1 person!

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, I don't need support, just wanted to share my gratatude to the amazing work done.

Also, I have created a few maps myself, even a full campaing (the latest got lost with destruction of my old harddrive), if anyone is interested I will post them.

Thanks for the nice words, I am very happy that you enjoyed War of the Landsraad. You are right, the lore was a big focus of the campaign, so I am very pleased to see it wasn't in vain :D

There are a ton of other really good campaigns from other authors like Cm_blast and Fey, you can check them out in the Mission Launcher.

Also about your missions, we are always interested in new content, so if you want to share some, don't hesitate. You can also join the discord server if you wanna keep up to date with everything that is possible nowadays when it comes to modding (War of the Landsraad was done in 2020, back then we probably didn't have even 20% of the features we have today, you can find some insanely advanced campaigns made in 2023). If you wish to join the discord server, the link is in my signature.

• Like 1

Hope you enjoy other camapign as well, even if only a few are heavy lore while others are more "excuse-lore" wise, I think there are enough gimmicks here and there that will break the monotony of "CY into a base and destroy all the enemies" with all these specific objetives, factions, and sometimes even just playing as a weak faction that you heavily need an AI to survive instead the reverse situation. But even if you simply enjoy the most regular approach there are also plenty of campaigns with that.

For example, there are currently around 5 different mercenaries campaigns; every author has his own vision or ideas on it; some there are these massive "many vs many" big wars with multiple sides while others are more focused on "mercenaries are weak, thus you never fight that many enemeis at once".

I use mercs as the example, but there are other campaigns, the main 7 or even new ones and each one uses his own style.

The index has a list (and a download) to everycampaign, although if you check on dunemaster you will have the whole package, but even if you do, the index will send you to the post of the creator to give you an idea on how the campaign may play; an Imperial campaign may be how you are this strong faction that everybody wants to detrone, or you may just use a small amount of resources to help other sides or even it is an imperial campaign where you get tons of sardaukar, either for free or to train withouth requirements, which is a thing some people enjoy to do, and here you get to do it since mission 1.

In any scenario, I hope you keep trying new campaigns (for either the lore or the gameplay, or the difficulty) and get enjoyemnt of them.

Edited by Cm_blast