Westwood's use of the DE

TMA_1

Well here are some from the top of my head. I will list them out and look for more.

Minotauros Atriedes:

DE: In the DE he is the brother of Duke Paulos (paulus) Atriedes. Uncle of duke Leto Atriedes.

E:BFD: In the game E:BFD there is a tank in the atreides ranks that bears a name that is uncanny in a sense that it is so similar, if not the same to the name Minotauros.

Gunseng Harkonnen:

DE: Father of Baron Vladmir Harkonnen in the DE.

E:BFD: son of The Baron Harkonnen. His brother is Copec. Though older than himself. It seems that Gunseng will rule over house harkonnen because of Gunsengs intelligence. Obviously taken from the DE and modified for Westwoods purposes.

House Ordos:

DE: House Ordos in the DE is one of the most powerful houses in the landsraad. It has more voting power than even House Harkonnen.

E:BFD: Well all of you know about this. Westwood has House Ordos as an alternative house to spice up the game.

Ordos crest:

DE: The crest for House Ordos in the DE is the cross bones with a laural wreath hanging from them.

Dune 2 and Dune 2000: House Ordos' crest in some of westwood's games is a book with a snake coiled around it. In reality this was a crest from another house in the DE which was House wallach. Ordos' was what I mentioned above with the bones and the wreath.

There are probably more and I will look into it. There is some of what I found though.

I'd looked at the DE pictures, and the DII crests are indeed an exact copy of those in the DE. So yes. Note also the use of Achillus in Emp, (not Achilles, as might have been expected), copied from the DE, which also has Acillus.