4 beginner questions

I've just started playing emperor and I need some help here...

1. How do you get more money/credit in maps based on the other planets?

2. When your harvesters are killed, do you get free replacements or do you have to build more? And is this the case for carryalls too?

3. Can you determine what reinforcements come, or are they just random? And with the starport, I could only order 2 Minotarus tanks at the max, and they took a while to come.

4. I'm running Emp. on XP (P4, 3d card, 256 Ram) and it locks up quite often. Also, alot of the movies run very very chunky. Is there anything I can do about it?

Finally, is there a site that has info. on what the stripes/chevrons do to the units? because i have no idea how much they affect the units, i think a mino tank with 3 chevrons do not self heal right, but a devastator does?

thanks!

ive never played a dune game yet, but i think i can answer some of your questions based on my cnc knowledge.

2 - id say you would probably have to build more, you get the first one free, but after that its your responsibilty

3 - do you have programs running in the background while playing, thats the only thing i can think of. as far as the movies, you should try turning down the cd read-ahead cache all the way. im afraid i cant tell you how to do that at the moment.

finally - based on cnc the chevrons indicate experience. one chevron indicates the unit is a veteran and will gain abilities such as being stronger self healing faster rate of fire, and other improvements, but this does not mean that the units will always have these improvements when veteran. just some, if any.

1) You will recieve payments.2)you have to build your own, but you get a free carial and harv for every refinery or upgraded ramp u build.3)you cant choose your reinforcement size. Sometimes the starport is short on a specific unit so you can only order so many. It is slow because they get transported from somewhere else.4) see doc nyar in the tech support forums, the movies were chunky when i got the game too. I will tell you what helped me...----Right Click on the emperor shortcut icon and go to properties. Where it says 'Target' (maybe 'path'), give it one space(hit the space bar once) add a '+'(addition sign) then a capitol 'W'.----Someone else can help you on the last question cuz im not sure about that.

I've just started playing emperor and I need some help here...

1. How do you get more money/credit in maps based on the other planets?

2. When your harvesters are killed, do you get free replacements or do you have to build more? And is this the case for carryalls too?

3. Can you determine what reinforcements come, or are they just random? And with the starport, I could only order 2 Minotarus tanks at the max, and they took a while to come.

4. I'm running Emp. on XP (P4, 3d card, 256 Ram) and it locks up quite often. Also, alot of the movies run very very chunky. Is there anything I can do about it?

Finally, is there a site that has info. on what the stripes/chevrons do to the units? because i have no idea how much they affect the units, i think a mino tank with 3 chevrons do not self heal right, but a devastator does?

thanks!

1. Money comes automatically on draconis or gedi prime or caladan.

2.You have to build more harvestors if they get killed.

3.fyi renforcements dont come in multiplayer or skirmish. but in single player, no you cant choose what units come its completly random

4.Get a better video card or lol get a better computer

5.all units that are 3 chevs self heal. and just go to Westwood.com and go to the emperor page and bingo theres all you info

1. The money comes automatically. If you want more, you can hack the game. It's in the rules.txt file. ;D

2. You have to buy new ones if they were killed. Can you repair carryalls?

3. I think the starport time never changes, no matter how many units you order. I think the max you can order at one time is 6.

4. You probably need a new video card. Also, if you are using an Nvidia, there is new drivers released for it. You might check those out (doubt they will help though).

5. The westwood site probably has them. You can also go to the rules.txt file and they list what all the upgrades do. Thats easier than looking it up, if you like to hack. ;)