New Mod

Kingpin

The Ordos Great Hall is going to stand in for one of the Super house structures, ORINhall, probably the Landsraad building. It is curious though that the building has a strange anomaly associated with it. It seems that when I built it, it's corners were 'porous' and troops could move indeed through the actual model itself. I wonder if that could be fixed.

Then again, I wonder if that could be generalized, whether other buildings could be made 'porous' as well. That could simulate fortifying a building especially if you allowed the building to be built on inf rock. Mainly useful against a human opponent, who would be completely blind to the danger until it was too late. Imagine being able to build 'notional' bunkers or allow current buildings to field troops. One, it would make more room in a base, possibly alleviating the AI blocking itself in. Two, it would surprise most enemies to see fire from within the base itself. Three, it would allow max protection of the base itself by integrating the fields of fire INTO the buildings themselves. Apollyon, could you explore that possibility?

Perhaps there is some mistake in the Rules.ini In every building there is information on how much tiles it uses. If there are less tiles there, and the building's model is bigger, then units can go through the places where there are no actual built tiles.

BTW, I only had time for a quick test about the advfremen and repair=true and it doesn't seem to work.

• 4 months later...

Kingpin, in new clothes:

Working on the Version .01 of the Mod. This will be highly unbalanced but I will release it, hopefully next week, to demonstrate a proof of concept and hopefully encourage other people to offer criticism and hatemail. Most of the units are more or less done, but I need to troubleshoot the whole package. I expect to release maybe ten-twelve new units, at the expense of cannibilizing a few old ones. Check back in later.

welcome back at last! Have you played my mod, in the destroyers grip?

if not i reccomend you do. And i look forward to playing yours. Oh and there are various things ive found out that you might want me to tell you (but in private as they are top secret ;)).