Everyone must post here

undsputed

Well, there is ots of good info. here. I hope this is useful to several people, cause I think video cards can be a bit technical and tough to understand at first. This is especially dangerous when you consider buying on a place like ebay, since it is easy to get screwed and near impossible to return sometimes.

I am currently deciding between the xtasy geforce 3 ti200 and the xtasy geforce 4 mx 440. Nav and someone else weren't big on the mx, but it is still a geforce 4 chip, right? It is the "budget" version of gf4, that's all. I don't really need lots of extras like great dvd play (I don't have a dvd player on computer) or tv out (I'm not completely sure how it even works). Still though, I think I can find both cards for about $90, and I think that is a really good value for the geforce 3 especially.

Jacob, hope you get some useful info. out of this. You are probably looking at higher end cards above the mx 440. There is an article on gamespy posted today (Saturday) discussing "all you need to know about video cards." It may help out some.

To anyone else, I am still only operating on a P3 450 mhz computer with 200 mb ram. I know that a superior graphics card can sometimes be limited by the system. I think I saw somewhere that the mx 440 was expected to be in lower end systems so it works better. Are there any thoughts on this?