Can I pay someone to package all the mods up together *properly*?

miketew

I've downloaded a handful of the mods and tried to apply them, but it gets a bit annoying especially when trying to apply multiple. Is there someone who would mash them all together in one install (or hell, keep a running git project of everything laid out properly, with additional mods/missions added as they come in, packaged properly, or modders can actually submit a pull request with their updates?) - as of right now I've got the Ordos green sidebar and sound effects no matter what I do, and I'm pretty sure I followed things properly. I just want to have all the missions available, easily.

I'd toss in a little cash for the effort / to jump start this effort. Instead of a lot of various "how to install" documents it could just be one Dune 2000 install with all the mods and missions, the launcher, etc together. Especially helpful if there's conflicting mods and could have some installer or switcher bundled to do that. Trying to piecemeal multiple together has somehow messed things up. Also, one of the mods I tried just kept crashing the game anyway, and I wasn't sure if I installed it wrong... someone else who knows for sure could do it and get it right!

3 hours ago, miketew said:

I've downloaded a handful of the mods and tried to apply them, but it gets a bit annoying especially when trying to apply multiple. Is there someone who would mash them all together in one install (or hell, keep a running git project of everything laid out properly, with additional mods/missions added as they come in, packaged properly, or modders can actually submit a pull request with their updates?) - as of right now I've got the Ordos green sidebar and sound effects no matter what I do, and I'm pretty sure I followed things properly. I just want to have all the missions available, easily.

I'd toss in a little cash for the effort / to jump start this effort. Instead of a lot of various "how to install" documents it could just be one Dune 2000 install with all the mods and missions, the launcher, etc together. Especially helpful if there's conflicting mods and could have some installer or switcher bundled to do that. Trying to piecemeal multiple together has somehow messed things up. Also, one of the mods I tried just kept crashing the game anyway, and I wasn't sure if I installed it wrong... someone else who knows for sure could do it and get it right!

https://dunemaster.webs.com/files

If I am not wrong, the 2º big DOWNLOAD has the whole package already done.

There is 1 campaign, made by Fey (summer's solstice) that it won't work properly because that campaign is still in process of being updated with the new stuff, so is still using the old "overwrite manually yourself", so some missions won't be played the way it were inteded if played directly (no new units and so on).

Needs to say, nowadays we have been using 1.2 mission launcher which already take care of "conflicting mods" as (if updated by the authors as most of them are right now) they won't conflict each other now.

I think this is a fully fresh install of the game, but with all the stuff there, you can go straigh into any original or custom/modded campaign and it won't conflict. The launcher will copy any file needed for that specific mod and reverting to recuperate the original as you exit the game.

If an any moment the game freeze; and I mean not a "too many deliveries" or "missing string" kind of internal message but an actual full freeze game that force you to close it, any mod may remain applied (if it was a campaign or mission modded), if that's the case, check a folder that will be created called "MissionLauncherBackups" which are just a backup copy to revert how the game was before launching that mission.

I never had to use it before, so is just a "just in case" for any random hard-freeze the computer/game may suffer and any point.

Edited by Cm_blast

wow, thank you! This is awesome. this seems (so far) to be exactly what I was hoping for. now the only other thing is I can't figure out if this is unique to me or the trainer itself, but the "Trainer+16 Dune 2000 GruntMods Edition Ver.1.6.2.4 by {kolyan963963}" trainer requires relaunching in between every game, or it simply takes no effect. Does that happen to anyone else?