Dune 2000 Singleplayer game patching (new features and bug fixes) + D2kEditor 2.2 release

Klofkac

Hey, so, I'm back, after several years of life going very wrong, I'm starting to get back on track, and back to the things I love doing.  I've been poking around this editor, and I'd love to have a play with building some new units.  Was thinking of starting with an Imperial Hammer Tank - basically a very heavy combat tank with a Gun Turret (the building) weapon, instead of the usual tank cannon.  I wanted to take the top part of the Gun Turret, and put it on the Siege Tank base, but I seem to have no idea what I'm doing with sprites, as the two seem incompatible without some editing... I had a look at the 'Resource Editor', but, currently, it's just going straight over my head.

I was also hoping I could edit the colours for the 'Sandworm' faction, so, instead of using an odd Atreides allocation index for my House Sarakeen, I could use the Sandworm, and build some real differences between Sarakeen, and Atreides (like making the TibEd built Sarakeen commando only accessible to them, and not giving them an Atreides palace).

This software is amazing, thank you for all the work you've put into this.  I feel obsolete.

Edited by Domaithianus

8 hours ago, Domaithianus said:

Hey, so, I'm back, after several years of life going very wrong, I'm starting to get back on track, and back to the things I love doing.  I've been poking around this editor, and I'd love to have a play with building some new units.  Was thinking of starting with an Imperial Hammer Tank - basically a very heavy combat tank with a Gun Turret (the building) weapon, instead of the usual tank cannon.  I wanted to take the top part of the Gun Turret, and put it on the Siege Tank base, but I seem to have no idea what I'm doing with sprites, as the two seem incompatible without some editing... I had a look at the 'Resource Editor', but, currently, it's just going straight over my head.

I was also hoping I could edit the colours for the 'Sandworm' faction, so, instead of using an odd Atreides allocation index for my House Sarakeen, I could use the Sandworm, and build some real differences between Sarakeen, and Atreides (like making the TibEd built Sarakeen commando only accessible to them, and not giving them an Atreides palace).

This software is amazing, thank you for all the work you've put into this.  I feel obsolete.

Oh, hi back! If you are interested on all that complicated stuff, I can suggest you to join a discord that we have available for modders, you can recieve and answer almost in real time (depending on who are online and how much we know about the topic). There are some modding going just right now on and, since has been a while, you may not even be aware at the multiple new units that some people created, such as tank that uses a machinegun-gattling kind of weapon, flamethrower tanks/turrets, autogun turrets (think on yuri`s gattling tanks and turrets) tesla coils wannabe and more!

If you don't want to join a discord, you can always start a new topic with all the questions you have and we will try to give specific answers, as some like creating a new unit with new graphic may be a bit dense for this topic that doesn't involve the editor in specific or needs a bit of heavy explanation. Like the palettes, which unit you are using to import and lots of stuff going on.

For editing the colors of the units is incredible easy, there is a tool although it seems that now it is not available for some reason; I will post the tool there later, but meanwhile you can check the screenshot under that post, which I took using that tool and a few clicks, is just really easy: https://forum.dune2k.com/topic/27380-coloursbin-research/page/3/#comment-394728

You may not even be aware of the "Custom campaign data" folder so you can do your own mods per mission withouth needing to move files around (nor asking other people to do it) and well, lots of things really, it is nice the amount of improvement and stuff we can do now, as you can make 5 different mods with 5 different tech trees all for just 1 single campaign and nobody has to move files around while playing it.

This new editor is so new that I don't even know how to fully use it yet, but I know it has so many stuff that you may want to use at some point. 

So feel free to either join the discord (on the main dune 2000 there is a pinned post on it) or create a new topic to go more deep into every part you may need.

Edited by Cm_blast