Problem....at least I'm not Duneguy :)

I see Duneguy has a few issues....I was only playin with you.

Nyar, I was wondering if you have any background with Medal of honor: Allied Assualt. I won't go into a deep description cause you may not know anything about it. Let me know and I can give you more information about my specific problem.

I posted on their board since they have a section for "members helping members." Unfortunately, it looks more like "members asking other members" without the helping part ::) I also sent something to EA tech support but you know how automated they treat each person...maybe they can help though.

Anyway, let me know if you are familiar with the game. I appreciate it.

Well no, I have no specific background on Medal of Honer, but please feel free to post your problem here. The reason why this Tech forum is under the "General" section is because I'm willing to help out anyone who hs a problem with whatever game.

The above said, people need to understand that I'm doing this without being an employee of Westwood. I'm doing this out of free will and in my spare time. Looking at all the e-mails I get, it seems people think I'm a Westwood employee, which obviously I'm not :) And this isn't just my forum, but anyone who thinks he/she knows the solution to a problem, please feel free to post ;D

not an employee of westwood???.....I could tell that, since you took time to answer people's questions ;D

Okay the, here it goes. My system is a HP Pent 3 450 mhz computer with 32mb S3 Savage 4 video card. I have a 32x cd, 56k modem, riptide sound card, and a 19gb hard drive. My system RAM is around 200mb. The installation went fine, but when I start the game, it crashes...sometimes a brief gray screen will appear. It suggests that there may be a hardware conflict. IF anyone has any thoughts, they are welcome to answer.

Yea, it's just with MOH. Unfoately, tech support identified the problem. They say my video card sucks and I should take the game back ::) I guess it doesn't work with that game.

I appreciate the help though. Anyone considering MOH: AA should keep in mind about the system requirements....kind of steep. Not the experience I was hoping for with the first shooter game I've purchased.

It could be your video card, but I find it weird a tech support says that.

Anyway, the only problem I have with games are those fro Westwood. They seem to drain a LOT of resources from ones system. If I compare Renegade with (yes, here we go again) Serious Sam: 2nd encounter, I don't get it why Renegade needs so much. Serious Sam has way much better graphics, and runs flawlessly in the higest settings, while I need to lower or disable settings in Renegade and go back to a resolution of 800x600 16bit (running Serious Sam in 1024x768) to get it running "playable".. I just don't get it..

Anyway, if there are any more problems, feel free to post here and happy gaming again :)

Well, they didn't say it "sucked" (not explicitly). The guy said it wasn't "functional" with the game or something like that. He even offerred the chance for me to obtain a sealed copy so I could return it to the store....but since I got it off ebay, I think it may not be returnable.

Yea, people are really suffering from the ever rising game requirements...I can only imagine what Gererals will be like when it is released this fall. My computer is about three years old and I sense it starting to struggle to meet the requirements of newer games.